Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.f1racing.net/

Jean Todt has warned that the 2004 Ferrari F1 car will feature a surprising new design on the front wing.

Speaking about the new car Todt didn’t reveal much save to say that it will have "a front wing that could surprise everyone."

Todt also quashed the view that it was possible to grow tired of being successful and underlined that Ferrari’s objective remained that of "continuing the formidable run of success with the Ferrari 655 that will be presented at Maranello on 26 January."

Ferrari will field the same driver line up of Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello until the 2006 season after it was announced last week that Barrichello's contract had been extended.

"It was more or less an automatic decision," Todt claimed. "We are all very pleased to have Rubens on board for another two years. He raced extraordinarily well and won two very important races at Silverstone and Suzuka. There was no reason not to continue with the winning team we have."

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Wont be much of a surprise if they show an identical one to Williams' wing....

But I'm sure that wont happen.

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
Bluedriver said:
FORZA the AZZURRI.............

forza scuderia would be a more appropriate phrase....but im still with ya

FORZA FERRARI!

ill be at the melbourne GP AGAIN THIS YEAR!

love F1!!!! ABSOLUTELY OBSESSED WITH IT!
stayed up many a night to watch the GP's even though i had yr 12 schooling the next day ....i got my priorites straighT :wnc:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
yay another Pro-Ferrari thread, if you dont like Ferrari dont say it here
I don't! :wnc:

Mind you I still can't wait to see what they got, here's hopeing that their new front wing will be seeing nothing but Williams and McLarens rear!

I doubt that Ferrari will do anything too radical, afterall it is the F1, can't wait 'till the season starts!

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
yay another Pro-Ferrari thread, if you dont like Ferrari dont say it here
Come off the grass! It's a straight news report posted up, just like there has been for several of the other major F1 teams.

PS, I don't have any particular preference for any F1 team

·
outback_ute, i just suspected that everyone would yo forza ferrari and alot of people have, plus i just mowed the grass so i can stand, sit,walk, run on my grass if i want!

Seriously though, i dont think a front wing thats different will make that big of a difference, i think Mclaren, Williams and the new Mclaren will be so close its not funny, hopefully the Mclaren then Williams followed by Ferrari, i think Mclaren will do well because i am a Mclaren fan AND because the car will have so many miles when the season starts

·
Rice Sucks
347 Posts
yes forza Ferrari e' Minardi

The bridgestone tyres seem to be working well too in testing.

another season of Ron Dennis using his Ronspeak would be nice.
and Montoya spinning please.

·
4,562 Posts
all of the other teams "success" in last years close season is attributed to the tyres....ferrari is the only big team running on bridgestonses....so they obvioulsy get alot less data to work with....and its taken michelin a very long time to catch bridgestone even with a number of big teams....mclaren and williams to name 2.

even with the inferior tyre...ferrari showed that it was still the outright best..and once bridgestone sort out their problems...ferrari will dominate again :D

·
4,562 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
dominate again? when did they stop? i dont think michelin are sitting on their asses so i think that tyre wars will be just like last year, Bridgestone will probably gain a bit though since they have Ferrari 2 so 4 cars running in each f1 race in cars bloody similar
dominate again...let me put it this way...in last years season....i would sit on the edge of my couch going nuts everytime something would happen...much to the disgust of my parents who were asleep at 2am :p

the season before....u could pretty much bet your life savings on a ferrari 1, 2 finish.....ferrari still won the last season....but it was a hell of a lot closer than it has been in the past.

all im saying is...once bridgestone get back on their feet....ferrari will be able to dominate more...the tyres were the main factor making this last season so close...

my 2cents....

·
Rice Sucks
347 Posts
williams probably had the better package in the second half of the year,
but Ferrari tactics and the williams drivers making silly mistakes lost both titles for em

thats the way it goes

·
4,562 Posts
Methodx said:
williams probably had the better package in the second half of the year,
but Ferrari tactics and the williams drivers making silly mistakes lost both titles for em

thats the way it goes
thats what wins the championship.

good team, good driver, good tactics.

rather than say williams lost the championship through silly mistakes...i say ferrari won through being a better all round team :hy:

·
4,562 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
IMHO you arent giving Mclaren enough credit, just because they dont have some crazy nose or didnt do so well last year doesnt mean they'll do shite the new car is really a mp4/18 at heart so it has a shit load of time spent on it

i am the following:

1) a ferrari fan....a big 1
and 2) a very very stubborn person :p

but, remember how all the teams bring out their new car straight away....and ferrari beats them in the old car until half way through the season....then they bring out their new car and continue to own....

it all comes down to who has the best
*drivers
*cars
*tactics.

basically.....the best team wins .... and we all know who that is.....even you know who it is ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts