Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry im not a photographers boot lace, but nonetheless here they are, ya' get the general impression still!!!....

Attachments

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Good work Darren.......

i will borrow Nippers digital camera for the wedding and take some pics of cars together......:D :D

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XLR8 said earlier :i will borrow Nippers digital camera for the wedding and take some pics of cars together......

Yeah bugger the bride and groom!!!!!

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the compliments, the car is a very nice ride, the pics dont do it justice (but you all know that!)...maybe if XLR8 and his digital camera next weekend can get some better shots then we will throw em' up...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Bob, the president of the car club and myself went through to the east coast today to fix a few details for our end of year trip.

He has an AU hp and I must say that following him through the Lake Leak road, those sixs do go extremely well. How much quicker is the VCT?

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
officially the VCT is 8kw and 8nm higher up the chain, according to Wheels they are both 0-100km in 8 flat and the 400m in 15.7. So not to much in them, I believe the big benefit is up higher in the rev range when the VCT bit comes into play, the VCT has also having the 'twin sports' exhaust whereas the HP has the standard 'forte' exhaust system, plus on a non engine front the VCT has the IRS, making that lake road even more fun!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I have irs in my car and I was very impressed with the way his car was sitting throught the corners. I did find that I was running up on him at times.

His car doesn't have a standard exhaust or intake but he has some interesting kills to his name. I believed him before but today I saw how well it does go. If the VCT has more top end then that is all the better. Is yours a manual?

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine is the auto (adaptive shift), which according to wheels (referring to it so much cos' its next to me!!!) is 0.2 quicker to 100 than the manual and 0.1 quicker in the 400m dash!!!...my adaptive shift has been programmed to the 'performance' mapping, it goes well the few little mods ive done also help things along, basically it breathes better. The auto wasnt my choice (wanted the XR8 manual demo they had!!) but a fair compromise with the missus, the car she wanted and what we had originally planned to get was the Ford Escape (top of the range XLT) but when I found out the XR6 was in the low 40k price range I knew what I had to do, or I would of never been happy!!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Well it certainly has been great talking to you about your car.
Glad you like it and are enjoying it. When you get the cars side by side with Rob for this wedding or such, dig him in the ribs for me and remind him how much better Blue is as a colour!

Tell him that it was from his cus! He will understand:cool:

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
dkmaj said:
thanks for all the compliments, the car is a very nice ride, the pics dont do it justice (but you all know that!)...maybe if XLR8 and his digital camera next weekend can get some better shots then we will throw em' up...

No prob withe camera........:D

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Goes to show these XR's are in a class of their own.:p
Well done on scoring a car a nice as your example..even if it was a compromise.;)
Russell.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
VCT is 172Kw vs the HP's 164Kw, which you could put down to the VCT's upgraded exhaust. Ash @ Herrod told me he preferred the HP's for gaining power. If buying new, you'd probably go for the VCT if you wanted the IRS, extra options etc.

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Rastus and Saleen, the XR is certainly a high mark, I think David Polites stated it was the most identifiable look on aussie roads, they are an awesome cant to own and drive...like i said after test driving one amd finding out then price, no other automobile came close, not one...

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...apologise for my woeful typing last post ;-)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts