Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just to pour more salt on wounds of the guys that couldn't make it....

Today saw us all venture into the Broadmeadows Assembly plant, where all the pretty shapes that we saw yesterday get cut get turned into the AU. It's pretty amazing stuff how it all comes together. We then watched a video whilst the other group went around about how the falcon came about and some early commercials (thank god we dont have haircuts like that now)
We then ventured up the road and had a little chat with Geoff, which was excellent that he could fit us in to his schedule (Thanks Geoff). He showed us something special to him....Shame it wasn't longer, but it was satisfying all the same. We then headed over to tickford, where we all enjoyed a BBQ lunch with all the guys and gals there. After lunch we were shown around the factory and shown how those fantastic XR's are put together. Well, what next..... Go-Karting... A 100 lap race with compulsary pit stops and drivers changes just to keep it interesting... It was a very clean race by all..... except for one who just had to show Albert how to do the one finger salute...

I'm not sure if i can make to any other events scheduled for the rest of the week, although i will be trying to. If i can't I would thank Geoff and Ford, David and Tickford and most importantly Felicity for going to the trouble of putting this whole thing together for us. I have had an amazing two days, an will remeber it for a very long time.

I'm now accepting offers for anyone that wants to work for me tomorrow so i can go along again....

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
I won't mention any names......FELICITY!!!!!

So I bumped her a bit, only because 3 of us were trying to get around 1 corner. Later on she gained the spot back and went on to win.

Yeah But thank to Felicity for the experience of a life time(I thought so)

Thanks to Geoff Polities! Great meeting and talking to you.

And Thanks to all the attended had a blast!! Although I had to cut it short and come home to go to Bathurst.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Just so eveyone knows... Go-karting results:

1st place (by a whole lap!) The GIRLS team :nuts: consisting of tarmac melting drives from Roxane, a super smooth appearance by Tickford Tony (our honorary girl for the event) and an amazing yet somewhat hair raising debut into the field of go-kart racing by Felicity (who managed to pass a few of the boys) :D :D :D

I have since graduated to a Laser race car, many thanks to Natalie Lowndes for the "loaner" :p ;) :D Pics later.

:cool:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
i still say we should get some power to weight ratios out in the clear! hehehe

i'll tell ya one thing! next time felicity challenges me for a race, i'll think twice! ;)

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
The meeting with Geoff P, Bruce (Head of Marketing) and David K (NetHead - GM E-Business) was a great event and just another example of Ford people blowing us away on this trip. The 30 seconds of 'special' entertainment was great as I got to see stuff I hadn't seen before (he, he). Then we can talk about T-Series which is being released at Sydney Motor Show - the Windsor is indeed being reborn!

Holden is gonna hurt in the near future.

Thankyou so much Geoff and Team.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Yes, many thanks indeed.

I am still coming to grips with the treatment we have been given by everyone.
It is amazing that a small bunch of petrol heads from a ford-talking website were taken in and shown so much.

Thankyou very much Flick, Geoff and David.

It was absolutely awesome. definately something I will remember for the rest of my life.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yet another cracking day in Mexico!! :D The Broady plant was fantastic, very exciting keeping an eagle eye out for suspicious things around the factory. The Tickford plants were superb, I could have spent days just lurking around, checking out engine builds etc. , and annoying the guys by asking endless questions (I at least attempted this last one with Tony! :D )

The meeting with Geoff, David, and Bruce was also top shelf. Like Pete, I was knocked over by the keenness of these guys to get involved with our little group. Their involvement and attitudes towards us for our "raid" were nothing short of amazing! A simple "thanks" doesn't convey the gratitude I have for you guys in teeing this up.

I also provided Bruce with some valuable feedback regarding the XR8 marketing - ie. WE WANT TO HEAR THE V8!! :D He took it on board, so hopefully something might come of it! :thumbup:

The BBQ at lunchtime was a good feed, and great to meet HJ and spend a few mins chatting with him and Uncle Geoff. Geoff - I think I may have monopolized a fair bit of time with you over lunch, so I must apologize if I badgered you with too many questions! :)

The go-karts were a spectacle for me, being the cheerleader and team manager for Team BSR.. we came a gallant 3rd, but showed a lack of preparation that we have done so well through the season so far. Flick was the standout performer, something to do with those pants maybe! :eek:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
AlbertM said:
Well I was trying to put her into the tyres but she's just to good...hehe ;)
Yeah you managed to put me into the tyres, geez i reckon my kart went 5km/h slower after that shunt, not to mention the direct hit on my kart at the start. Hehehe on the later stage i managed to pass ya with a better kart. :nuts: :nuts:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i was stoked to say the least when Geoff and his crew were very keen in meeting us ford forum members. Makes us feel really special driving and participating in the Blue Oval. Feel very very privelliged. Once again Thanks Geoff Polities, David Flint, Bruce, David K and the rest of the crew.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts