Ford Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
hehe I went out to buy the SMH just to see that article in print.

Full page pic with the commy under the magnifying glass... :)
Even has a small pic of it on the front page of the paper.
hehe

im happy ;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
from the above mentioned article:

"I'm not trying to blame the suppliers but the reality is that 70 percent of the Commodore comes from outside suppliers. We've had our fair share of stuff-ups [but when suppliers] make a change to something and don't tell us, it affects the car and we carry the cost."

Talk about trying to pass the buck!! It's all the suppliers fault..Ha Ha!
I hope this article went onto the pages of most newspapers around the country and gave Holden the "publicity" they deserve!
Russell.:p

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Rastus said:
We've had our fair share of stuff-ups [but when suppliers] make a change to something and don't tell us, it affects the car and we carry the cost."
Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't suppliers be supply Holden with the parts that Holden specify, to Holdens specs?? I know from our game that if one of our suppliers changes something that we order, we send it back and tell 'em to rectify the situation at their own expense. Old saying.. "If it ain't right.. don't use it.."
It's the best flick pass I've seen since Teddy Whittens day.. :rolleyes:

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
It about time someone started pointed out these deficancies at GMH (instead the NRMA gives COTY) they have been well know in the industry for sometime! These issues are for GM world-wide (check out the JD Powers ratings for Astra & Vectra, then try to reconcile with local reports :wtf: ).
BTW when is someone gonna point out that the new 'Alloy Engine Plant' in Melbourne is for assembly only (the casting will come from Mexico or Canada!!)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts