Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guy's....

I need to clarify some important issue's raised by another forum member that sought of attacked my cars look or should I say it's badging under the post : Ok...You Have been waiting for this...Movie of car EF Super car....

The main moderator Donut king closed the thread before I had a chance to respond and he has every right too take such action...explained in terms of use.

The vechile in question in the video is a 1996 Series II Fairmont Ghia V8 in Heritage Green as most of you already know and have never hidden this fact from the day I bought it....The car was originally done up as a EL GT Replica.....but the car was sought of half finished. The Gt Interior..dash....Gt Momo steering wheel and timber paneling was completed along with the badging and most of the exterior was complete apart from the side skirts, wheel flairs and front bar. Half way into the project the engine and suspension was the main focus and it does sport original EL GT suspension, But the main focus was the V8 powerplant and as you could see from the video it is a very quick little 5 litre for a car of that weight. Bear in mind it is also using the standard torque converter so it is technically a lot slower than it should be....mainly because a 2500 rpm converter was not a suitable option driving to and from work in sydney peak hour traffic due to overheating problems ( was advice given from a transmission expert).

As far as i'm concerned alot of guys run around with replica's be it xw,xy,xa,xb,eb......i see them all the time at shows and club runs....and they all sport a GT Badge.....I bought the car this way and it will remain this way..... If the car wasn't worthy I would have removed it.

End of Story.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
How was there $5000 spent on the heads, $2000 spent on a GT-40 manifold, and what was 'modded' on the block.

PS: It is a very nice car though, although the bodykit and badging is not my cuppa tea.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Its just interesting to find out some of the stuff thats gone into the motor . . .

What made you choose the NA route firefox ?
Obviously reliability is going to be much much better now that you've all that work, but I would have thought that S/C would have probably been a much cheaper method, although somewhat different in character . . .

Although I guess you could probably drop on a s/c now, and go crazy :) (unless comp is too high or something now) Although even an aftermarket windsor block might not survive the upgraded power levels :)

I think we probably all need to get over the badging/kit thing now . . . some like it, some don't . . . Lets just concentrate on the interesting stuff . . .

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
No offence, but why spend $2k on the GT40 manifold, when for around $500US you can get one of the best flowing intakes available for the Windsor.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Martin said:
No offence, but why spend $2k on the GT40 manifold, when for around $500US you can get one of the best flowing intakes available for the Windsor.

Look....this is the way I bought the car with everything done to it. I have no idea why he went to this extreme but he has always been the same with every model he owns. He had a black EB years ago and spent a fortune on the engine in it also. I cannot give you all the answers...because personally I would have put on a good set of heads, cam and upper and lower inlets and wacked on a supercharger. I'm going to edit that post because i'm tired of trying to explain it.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Re the video, is there a codec or something needed to see it? I cant get it to play. D'oh!

Btw, bout the badges - it's your car, if you want the badges there, go for it! ;)

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
you need the latest media player, otherwise u just get the sound.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
firefox7 said:
Look....this is the way I bought the car with everything done to it. I have no idea why he went to this extreme but he has always been the same with every model he owns. He had a black EB years ago and spent a fortune on the engine in it also. I cannot give you all the answers...because personally I would have put on a good set of heads, cam and upper and lower inlets and wacked on a supercharger. I'm going to edit that post because i'm tired of trying to explain it.
I only asked what has been done to them, not what YOU have done. There is a difference.

I would have thought that before buying a car, you would have at least the slightest clue what has been done to the engine, especially if there is a claimed $10,000 or so been spent under the bonnet.........

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aaron_EF8 said:
I only asked what has been done to them, not what YOU have done. There is a difference.

I would have thought that before buying a car, you would have at least the slightest clue what has been done to the engine, especially if there is a claimed $10,000 or so been spent under the bonnet.........

Of course I know whats been done to it. I just coudn't be bothered going into specifics mainly because some guys here say "why didn't he do this or that". The guy that originally owned it is a very good friend of mine and i personally witnessed the build of that engine and everything that went into it because I had to run him backwards and forwards while the engine was being built.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I think this car is awesome. When my engine is done if it goes half as hard as this i will be happy. Who caes if it has parts of the gt bodykit as it goes a damn site harder than a stock one. I think if the owner is happy then who gives a f^cK what anyone else thinks as they are the one that has to live with it. I just think its good to see people modify there cars as much as they do & then show everyone else what has been done.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gambit said:
I think this car is awesome. When my engine is done if it goes half as hard as this i will be happy. Who caes if it has parts of the gt bodykit as it goes a damn site harder than a stock one. I think if the owner is happy then who gives a f^cK what anyone else thinks as they are the one that has to live with it. I just think its good to see people modify there cars as much as they do & then show everyone else what has been done.

Thank you gambit....well said.

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Yeah I agree, awesome car dude, who cares what other people think, as long as your happy, IMHO there is far too many sheep on this forum, many seem to go along with whatever the more "popular" members say and do.

Chin up, you have a sweet as car and you know it!!! I'd cruise with you anytime

Some people should remember this is a public forum, not a public beating

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sikEA said:
What mods have been done to the auto?

Heavy duty clusters and bearings...thats it.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
I never said I didn't like the car, quite the opposite. The only thing I personally might do is lose the bodykit, but you bought it like that. Have you finished the rest of the bodykit off, cos I reckon it will look better.

And although a supercharger would be nice, I love the sound of a tough NA Windsor revving at 7000 rpm. How high did you rev it on the take-off on your video :p

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
fordfan351 said:
Yeah I agree, awesome car dude, who cares what other people think, as long as your happy, IMHO there is far too many sheep on this forum, many seem to go along with whatever the more "popular" members say and do.

Chin up, you have a sweet as car and you know it!!! I'd cruise with you anytime

Some people should remember this is a public forum, not a public beating
couldnt agree more...

firefox,

mate, you have a very nice car.. i certianly wouldnt kick it outa the shed,

and again... stuff the rest just as long as you are happy with it and enjoy it,

cheers.joe.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts