Ford Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Got Blown
Joined
·
159 Posts
firefox7 said:
Yep...no worries.....maybe we should meet sooner anyway for a chitty chat...One day when I get time....I work mainly a 7 day week with my business....but will put an arvo aside and meet you at newcastle at the carpark under the fort.......I live on the central coast so it's only a 10 min drive for me......

Cheers
Yeah ok sounds good, do you want to meet up tomorrow arvo? I finish work at 3:30pm and can be there around 4:30pm, let me know and ill check my msgs while im at work.
 

·
Officially Bored with 347
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
firefox7 said:
.....maybe we should meet sooner anyway for a chitty chat...
Cheers
I believe the correct term to be used here is "Talking Tappets"
FireFox.. I fully understand how the $$$$$ add up, Ford Aftermarket parts are more expensive than Holden, $15,000 goes pretty quick I know!!
As long as YOU are happy with it who cares!!!!!
Im another who likes it.
As for Edelbrock V's Trickflow... TFS Wedge have thicker decks than the Edelbrocks...
 

·
No stars in my eyes
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
MR GT said:
Yeah ok sounds good, do you want to meet up tomorrow arvo? I finish work at 3:30pm and can be there around 4:30pm, let me know and ill check my msgs while im at work.
I carn't.....I have a full day of work on sunday......and I am booked out solid for the next 2 weeks at the moment.......I will pm you....
 

·
No stars in my eyes
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
svo347 said:
I believe the correct term to be used here is "Talking Tappets"
FireFox.. I fully understand how the $$$$$ add up, Ford Aftermarket parts are more expensive than Holden, $15,000 goes pretty quick I know!!
As long as YOU are happy with it who cares!!!!!
Im another who likes it.
As for Edelbrock V's Trickflow... TFS Wedge have thicker decks than the Edelbrocks...
thx mate....dollars do go quick.....in regards to edelbrock vs tfs wedge.....advice was given by several reputable high performance engine builders on ideal head selection.....when big dollars are shelled out....always spend lots of time before hand .....doing lots of research.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Lets face it... the EL GT was limp wristed attempt at a supercar, let alone a sports car. Then again the BA GT is pretty limp wristed as well, I would much rather see Dick Johnsons Racing BA falcon(320kw boss motor and mofo sized brakes) which he is now selling have the GT name.

In my personal opinion your EF is more of a GT then the ones Ford now makes.

Cheers
 

·
Officially Bored with 347
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
firefox7 said:
thx mate....dollars do go quick.....in regards to edelbrock vs tfs wedge.....advice was given by several reputable high performance engine builders on ideal head selection.....when big dollars are shelled out....always spend lots of time before hand .....doing lots of research.
Ok I have done my research....... TFS do have thicker decks!!!!!
 

·
Chasing 500rwkw
Joined
·
3,176 Posts
over 10 grand for a body kit? HOLY ****!!
Your car is awesome I have watched that video a million times and all my friends have seen it and they all agree that your car is a beast. Good work on the editing too.
 

·
No stars in my eyes
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
svo347 said:
Ok I have done my research....... TFS do have thicker decks!!!!!

They may have a slight thicker deck...."but why".....hmmm....do more research.
 

·
Got Blown
Joined
·
159 Posts
fordfanatic said:
Lets face it... the EL GT was limp wristed attempt at a supercar, let alone a sports car. Then again the BA GT is pretty limp wristed as well, I would much rather see Dick Johnsons Racing BA falcon(320kw boss motor and mofo sized brakes) which he is now selling have the GT name.

In my personal opinion your EF is more of a GT then the ones Ford now makes.

Cheers
fordfanatic: You're entitled to your opinion, but, do you know what GT stands for?. the GT was never designed as Fords road going race car. It is luxury with performance, handling and stop to match, a Grand Tourer. You're asking the GT to be something it was never designed to be. The GT is the ultimate refinement of the equivelant Falcon, not just a bodykit and a few engine mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
You're asking the GT to be something it was never designed to be. The GT is the ultimate refinement of the equivelant Falcon, not just a bodykit and a few engine mods.
Uhh... but thats what the EL GT turned out as. Ford market the GT as their high performance model, it's their fairlanes that they market as a "refined luxury drive".

If they are going to make a GT, they should have some balls and make it right. Smooth idle be damned and their "premium brakes and suspension" should be tossed in the bin.

Check out Dick Johnsons Racing BA Falcons... 6 caliper front brakes, solid(but still smooth) ride and 320+ kw which makes up for the BA's fat weight.
 

·
Got Blown
Joined
·
159 Posts
fordfanatic said:
Uhh... but thats what the EL GT turned out as. Ford market the GT as their high performance model, it's their fairlanes that they market as a "refined luxury drive".

If they are going to make a GT, they should have some balls and make it right. Smooth idle be damned and their "premium brakes and suspension" should be tossed in the bin.

Check out Dick Johnsons Racing BA Falcons... 6 caliper front brakes, solid(but still smooth) ride and 320+ kw which makes up for the BA's fat weight.
You come in to a thread that relates to the EL GT and do nothing but bag it out (how lame) when clearly you know nothing about the car but what the critics said at the time, at the time it was it was far better than any Falcon available.
Then your next line got me thinking.... build a GT thats fast but has no brakes of suspension? Sorry I'll pass on than one.
Ohhh and 320+kw lol.... got nothing on my cars.

Getting on FordForums and doging Ford's is not a great way to start your membership!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
I guess it just comes down to what you want from the car. Fordfanatic, I think you like to think of the GT's of old with just raw guts and speed. Some people prefer sheer horsepower, others want a refined package.

Tickford has never been the one to go for pure horsepower, alot of their cars have been all round packages, compared to some HSV's like the GTS-R, which was a stripped out Commodore with alot of horsies.

Even the current GT is not as powerful as HSV's flagship... but any magazine review will tell you how good the whole package is, despite not being the fastest in a straight line.

No GT since the days of the old skool cars (Ie: EB and newer) have been about straight line speed... they are a refined touring car, not a stripped out V8 Supercar.

The DJR cars appeal to a different market than the GT, which is fine too. I don't mind seeing some Fords taking fame from the Holdens! But the GT was never designed to be what the DJR car is, so it's hard to have expected it to be that. Even if thats what some people wished the current GT's were.

And MR GT is correct in that the EL GT was the premium Falcon you could buy from Ford at the time, whether you wanted the refinement or not.

Well, bringing it back to the topic of the thread, Firefox I hope you end up with the gearbox setup you're happy with first go.

Cheers... Tim
 
41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Top