Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Aerostar E-4WD, anyone else with Aerostars like to post problem----solutions----stories----whatever. It is hard to find a good message board for these vans, even though there are tons of them out there. So come on and post away!!! Thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
90-97

They came in AWD from 90-97 with the 4.0 standard. From 90-94 you could get the AWD in the short form, after that only the long ones. Mine is the short version. They have a Dana 28 transaxle in the front end. I have yet to get stuck in mine in any type of weather.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
92 Aerostar engine removal

I need to pull the 3.0 engine from my son's 92 Ford Aeostar. I was hoping I could pull this from the top end. Any idea if this will work or does it have to come out from underneath?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
:wnc: I want to bypass the microprocessor for the 4wd and put mine on a switch. Anyone ever done this? How about a lift kit? Someone told me the vans have the same front suspension as rangers... is this true?

·
Registered
2 Posts
A while back I had a problem with my 94 AWD. The transmission would down shift real hard at high speed when I let off the gas. I spent over $1600 dollars, many trips to different shops (the last was a ford dealer) attempting to get this fixed without success. Finally I took matters into my own hands. Looking at the transfer case I noticed two pick-up sensors. Not really knowing what they were, but willing to try anything at that point, I took them out. They looked the same so I switched them around. I tried to drive the van, but couldn't, it felt like the driveshaft had fallen out. I then went to another ford dealership to order two new parts. That's when I learned they were range sensors. They cost $80 each and since I replaced them I've had no more problems. I was very upset that a transmission shop's and a ford dealership's (so called mechanics) couldn't figure this one out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
koalamazed wrote:
It is hard to find a good message board for these vans, even though there are tons of them out there.
Yeah, this is the only one I've found for Ford.
Same thing with the Chevy Forums. (Even though they suck!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts