Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Have just driven a vehicle with cruise control for a week, and don't know how I survived with out it in my EF wagon. I drive lots of k's mainly regional and am now looking a retro fitting cruise to the work horse:)

Has anybody done the same, and would you go factory stuff from a wrecker or aftermarket???

would really appreciate any comments

Cheers Brad

·
Registered
330 Posts
brad61 said:
Hi all,
Have just driven a vehicle with cruise control for a week, and don't know how I survived with out it in my EF wagon. I drive lots of k's mainly regional and am now looking a retro fitting cruise to the work horse:)

Has anybody done the same, and would you go factory stuff from a wrecker or aftermarket???

would really appreciate any comments

Cheers Brad
Just went through all that with EL - end result no c. control fitted - yet.
If your car has factory wiring to enable c.c. to be fitted you can buy one from wreckers and hook it up.
Mine didn't have factory wiring and it is more costly way of doing it.

Mate fitted it to EB and cost him about $200 including steering wheel controls.
Take it to someone who knows their fords and get them to inspect wiring loom - takes about 2 minutes if they know what they're doing.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If your car has ABS brakes all the wiring will be there, just plug in the components and away you go.
You will need the actuator that mounts near the brake mastercylinder, cable, pressur switch on brake master cylinder and the steering wheel switches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts