Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hi, ford forum i have only just joined ford forums and also in a great ford club (TICKFORD CLUB OF S.A.) ,MY ANNOYING PROBLEM IS MY XR6 AU VCT AUTO WHEN IT REACHES SPEEDS BETWEEN 110-130 KM/H IT FEELS LIKE IT IS BEING HELD BACK,OVER THAT IT IS NOT TO SILKY SMOOTH, DOWN LOW IT RUNS LIKE A DEAM I HOPE IT DOES ANYWAY, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP , I HAVE REPLACED THE LEADS WITH 9MM TO ELP BUT IT DOES NOT WORK, ONLY THING SEEMS TO WORK IS WHEN I REPLACE THE K&N FILTER WITH THE STANDARD ONE?
:crazy1:

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
longjohn1 said:
ONLY THING SEEMS TO WORK IS WHEN I REPLACE THE K&N FILTER WITH THE STANDARD ONE?
:crazy1:
Well I'd be putting the stock filter back on then for now,
Is it a pod type, or an original stlye filter (ie that still uses the same air cleaner box)?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
hi ,GHIA it is the replacement for the standard paper type filter,it could'nt be getting to much air the pitch of the intake changes to roar when it reach's that speed put the standard pack in it is quieter i've also replaced the standard snokel with the t-series model and put a second cold intake in also.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
longjohn1 said:
hi ,GHIA it is the replacement for the standard paper type filter,it could'nt be getting to much air the pitch of the intake changes to roar when it reach's that speed put the standard pack in it is quieter i've also replaced the standard snokel with the t-series model and put a second cold intake in also.
Why dont you try blocking up the second air intake???

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
That almost sounds like the VCT is not changing over as it should - or perhaps the intake isn't switching when it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts