Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the floorpan on the 1999 - 2000 AU the same as Ford models from 1982 and up..(FC - FD LTD, EA - EL Etc)

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Doc,

Can anyone else confirm this???
As far as i'm aware a new floorpan was designed for the AU series. Ford worked in conjunction with Jaguar to design it. Apprantly they both use the design. So there is a Jaguar getting around with an AU floorpan.

Jase.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
gtho4 said:
Yep new floorpan not similar to XD - EL.
Geez the EL has the same floor pan as an XD ahhhhhhhh. :eek: :eek: :eek:

You sure????

Must say i looked at an XF ute from underneath and it looks identical to my EF Wagon. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only reason I ask is, I have the opportunity to pickup a deceased estate 1981-1982 FD LTD, 351 with C6, reasonable exterior, paint work starting to flake etc. Interior is black leather and farkin immaculate to say the least. $600 buckaroos. If the pans were the same or similar, I was going to swap seats and then sell the LTD with an AU interior.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EF_Falcon_GuY said:

Geez the EL has the same floor pan as an XD ahhhhhhhh. :eek: :eek: :eek:

You sure????

Must say i looked at an XF ute from underneath and it looks identical to my EF Wagon. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No I didn't mean it that way.
I was just saying the AU floorpan is not similar to the previous models from XD - EL

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
the only reason I ask is, I have the opportunity to pickup a deceased estate 1981-1982 FD LTD, 351 with C6, reasonable exterior, paint work starting to flake etc. Interior is black leather and farkin immaculate to say the least. $600 buckaroos. If the pans were the same or similar, I was going to swap seats and then sell the LTD with an AU interior.
The informed reply... The track mounting points are probably different, although you may be able to mount the AU seats onto the original runners. The floorpan was changed for the AU because IRS was introduced.

Just one other question regarding putting the AU seats into an FD LTD.... why? ;)

:cool:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Discovery said:

The informed reply... The track mounting points are probably different, although you may be able to mount the AU seats onto the original runners. The floorpan was changed for the AU because IRS was introduced.

Just one other question regarding putting the AU seats into an FD LTD.... why? ;)

:cool:
Because my little desert flower, aka: penelope pitstop. The LTD has some rather nice, spick and span black leather seats which will look nice in the XR8. The AU seats I will put in the LTD and then sell. Some spending money for Oct when I shall introduce you to the top shelf...:evil:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:

Because my little desert flower, aka: penelope pitstop. The LTD has some rather nice, spick and span black leather seats which will look nice in the XR8. The AU seats I will put in the LTD and then sell. Some spending money for Oct when I shall introduce you to the top shelf...:evil:
Aha! I was looking at it the wrong way, thinking you wanted to try to improve the LTD... :rolleyes:

Glad you like the Penelope pic better than Wally.:D

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
IMPORTANT - READ THIS FIRST

Whatever you do.........

Do not try to fit a bucket seats into a car (EF onwards) that originally had bench seat, or vise~versa.

I did this to a EF taxi that I bought [email protected][email protected]#[email protected]$k [email protected]$#lieveable nightmare!!!!
:nuts: :nuts:

The mounting points on the bench seat are about 1 inch further out than the buckets, no holes for inner bolts of seats. Ended up having to CUT OUT FRONT FLOORPAN and fit genuine ford floorpan to front section. Also console holes and carpet difficult to line up. I now have a great deal of hair (and $$) less.
Put sedan interior in eventually and looked pretty good though.

I have heard of people changing the rails on the seats to fit later model seats into older cars. The late model seats do not have long threads on the rails like the pre XF ones.

Good Luck

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I know what you mean..na these are deep leather buckets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts