Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
But wait ... theres MORE!
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday folks ,

Anyone here know what you need to do when changing from a FMX to a C4 in a falcon?

Bellhousing (duh me!) , but what else? Tailshaft? Flywheel? Starter motor??

I would much prefer a C4 than the FMX for parts and for speed!

Cheers
DB

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
yeah i'm pretty sure the tailshaft is different, but most the other stuff i think is the same, i'm not very sure though

·
Registered
16 Posts
why wld go bak to c4 4 starter it wld be a c10 not a c4 and u need box shift linkage and talshaft yoke everyfin else same

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
speak english... its ok to use abbreviations somtimes but on here its better to be clear decisive rather than how fast it is to type a post... just my 2 cents

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
i'll tip in.. crossmember maybe on XA/XB might be different (a call to the wreckers to confirm would be in order),, gear selection linkages and tailshaft 100%..and maybe the inhibitor switch.. So long ago i can't remember if we changed the switch out of necessity or because it was dicky ..

And yes grpavs we like to construct sentences on these forums please

·
But wait ... theres MORE!
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys , if its going to cost that much extra then I might as well stick with FMX as I dont intend on keeping the car much longer anyway!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Whats Wrong with a FMX? I had the understanding that they were a good transmission? Better than a C10

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
The FMX is heavier and the gearing is higher (not numerically) meaning take off form the lights a little more sluggish. C4 generally lighter, can get more parts for them, better gearing. Correct me if Im worng on these points. I have swapped an FMX to C4 before.

crossmember needs to be moved, needs c4 tailshaft, needs appropriate linkages and speedo sender. Should bolt up to clevo easy with those things.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ive currently got a C10, what difference is there to the C4? Just a stronger version of?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts