Ford Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve changed from a 2008 focus to a 2014. I’ve had it for 2 weeks and 2 times now have tried to start with a flat battery. Have had battery and alternator checked and all fine. Nothing obvious left on- locked, window closed, lights off… what have I done wrong or left that could be draining it?

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
If the battery is low or has any weak / dud cells it wont hold a charge . It's only a 2 min test with a volt meter for anyone to check . You would be better to test before getting too involved in looking for any other possible causes and eliminate that .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I was wondering if anyone had any insight into something sneaky that could be left on by accident. car was locked, windows shut, interior light off… as it’s a newer car I’m worried there’s something I’ve missed.

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
On the Focus I believe the power sockets on that year remain constantly live even after locking , make sure nothing plugged in . Otherwise all systems should shut down after 10 - 30 mins .

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
My Dad’s ‘87 Ranger had this problem.

Turned out to be the glovebox door was loose, and the glovebox light would drain the battery when sitting overnight.

We’d jump start it, he’d go to work. Came home for lunch, no problem. Back to work and home again. Nothing wrong, until the next morning!

Finally found that by checking amp draw from the battery when the truck was off and key was out.

Fun times… 🤬💩🤯🤔

1 - 12 of 12 Posts