Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
the fOCUS Family
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings, im new to this form...

does any of your focus has this annoying rattle on driver side door? its very noticeable when drive over some bump section of the road. its been annoyed the heck out of me.

also is it all small cars or just my that when driving at high speed like above 100km/h - 110km/h the car becomes a bit unstable? i'm so scared to drive at high speed on this car. i had driven a BA Fairmount before and at high speed it still feels the same as at low speed..

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
well as i have only had my car for 2 days havent noticed anything yet hehe

welcome to the forums... put some piccies of ur car up :)

have taken mine to 100km+ and had nothing but nice stable goodness from it :)

·
2,922 Posts
Yeah, I can't say I have had the same experience, uhzid. I dont have any rattles whatsoever, and the car feels more stable at 200kmh than our BA XR6 at 100kmh (I work at an airfield). And I haven't even modified the suspension yet...

So unsure what advice to offer, other than get the rattle removed at its next service...

Tim

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Seen 150 on a non-quite straight road and never felt safer... as for the rattle my Zetec has some "character" but no rattles in the doors as such. Hear it may have something to do with the runners on the power windows if you've got a US model.

·
Focus user
287 Posts
i would have to commend the focus on its high speed stability. but i have had a problem with my left hand door handle. i couldn't hear it rattling at all...but it felt loose when opening the door. i took it in to the dealer and it was a small clip inside the door handle was too loose (ie faulty). since the clips of the type that once you remove you cannot put them back (not reusable) they left it on until they ordered in some new clips...at which point they changed it and sha-bang...fixed. not a big problem at all. just take it to your dealer and ask them to check it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: focus door rattle me too!

my '06 Focus ZX3 passenger door has an annoying rattle only when driving. Can not make it rattle sitting still tapping on door panel. I've read complaints about this dating back 3 years. Taking it in to Ford. Hope it'll be covered. Other than that, car is suprisingly solid. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts