Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a look at the Ford UK website, and it seems they've got a good range of cars. Ford Galaxy is a people mover similar to Holden's Zafira. Also got the C-MAX, Fusion, and the Mondeo that people seem to be talking about.

Any chance of Ford bringing them here? Im sure it would be great if Ford expanded their range a little more, especially with a people mover and something like a Mondeo.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I dont think anything else in the euro range outside of Focus or Fiesta would sell too well here. Mondeo is a great car but it is too near falcon sized and too expensive. (Holden found that out with the new Vectra). A Focus RS8 would be great to see, even if it had the regular 4.6 Mustang Cobra motor in it rather than the very expensive 5Lt cammer motor.

·
Mulberry Rain
1,229 Posts
Those new mondeos look pretty damn cool... but I think that the focus sedan is too similar in size to do well here

I love the fiesta.... I think its a great little car and will encourage all my chick friends to buy one ;)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I hope they bring out a long wheel base Territory, for more legroom in the 2nd and 3rd rows (I must admit i havent sat in one yet, but you can never have too much legroom) If we are to get a people mover, the Zafira is way too small, go the Windstar, or better still make a Voyager competitor on a Barra platform - with optional turbo 6 and V8s with power sliding doors, captains chairs etc

·
Registered
80 Posts
What about the S170 focus engine into the 3 door Fiesta!.. 127Kw in a 1050Kg body.. Clio sport competitor..

No I think Fords got a pretty dam good line up now, they can take that lineup to fight toyota and Holden easy.. However, the Focus S170 needs a performance increase. And a sporty Fiesta wouldn't go astray..

For the Focus, a detuned version of the RS turbo engine I think would do the job, and you don't need all the mega expensive stuff like the brakes, wheels, panels, etc, Standard S170 kit will do just fine.. Should be able to land that for only a few grand more than the S170.. Both Holden and Toyota have turbo 4's like that. There is a market.. Ford has some ingredents to do it better. Or maybe a 2.2L version of the same engine.. and some weight loss..

The S170 engine in the fiesta is a bit overkill.. A 2.0L Zetec should do it, with a 5 speed. 96Kw and 178Nm should be a noticibly improvement over the 1.6L 74Kw and 146Nm. Rear discs from the focus on it.. Bingo..

Falcon fills everything else, and the commerical line up is ok...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thats exactly what Im talking about... the 150Hp engine looks like the 2.0L with a bit of a sporty exaust.. Should help to keep the price down..

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
110KW (150HP) with that chassis wrapped in a 1050kg body and a price around 25K = :wnc:

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
sleepwalker said:
looks like the territory might be going on sale in the states. I found this on one of fords sites.
note the LHD
It does look very similar. I must say I like the gear stick area! I also like the Merc-style indicators on the mirrors. I wonder if it is based/related to the Territory?

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
sleepwalker said:
looks like the territory might be going on sale in the states. I found this on one of fords sites.
note the LHD
That's the Ford Freestyle. No connection to Territory beyond styling similarity, it is based on the Volvo S80/XC90/S60/V70 platform with fwd based awd system and 3L V6.

·
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy
552 Posts
Take a look at the steering wheel sitting in that Ford Concept Vehichle- deja vu? looks like a Mondeo or Commodore job!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts