Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am having a bit of trouble with my mom's ford focus se hatchback. From what I know she is saying that now the car is stumling and it cuts off sometimes when you stop or slow down. Also the check engine light stays on. Also when you drive to 40 mph basically it sounds funny like the engine is working hard to get past 40.

Actually let me take you back to the beginning. She got this car two months ago from Drive Time. About 3-4 days after she got it the check engine light came on and didn't go off. She told them and they told her to go over to another city, over a big bridge to their car care center. She CAN'T go over bridges and she didn't have anyone else to take it over there including me. Well about 2 days ago she had my cousin change the spark plugs and apparently the ones he put on were the wrong ones so he had to put the right ones. Well when he did that the car started doing the stumling. The thing that happens when it gets to 40mph started about 2 weeks ago if I am not mistaken.

Does ANYONE know what is wrong with this car. She is about to take it to the Ford car repair shop on monday and spend $93 on a diagnostic but if we can figure it out before then it would REALLY help.

Thank You

Dark Shogun

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I forgot to mention that this Focus is a 2000 with a 2.0 Liter Engine. I would have edited this in but couldn't find the edit link.

Dark Shogun

·
Hi-Tech *******
1,486 Posts
Please post the VIN# here, or PM it to me so I can check for the "Fuel Pump Recall" that was issued on Focus for stumbling, hesitation, stalling.

·
Hi-Tech *******
1,486 Posts
No recall on that except the extended front coil spring coverage if broken.

If the check engine light is on, please get a scan at a parts store (free at most) and post the codes here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The code was p1120 and it had to do with the throttle piston or something. We went to the ford service center and paid the $92 and they told use we have to get a whole new throttle body and the sensors that deal with it.

Dark Shogun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts