Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BA Turbo
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every1,

I have an EF Falcon, (futura std. body plastics), and i wanted to get some fog lights.

I want ones that sit nicely in the front bumper - do I have to get some "genuine" (if there are actually genuine 1's available for my car) ford 1's or can I just get some for somewhere else.

Im willing to bet the genuine 1's a pretty expensive....

Cheers.

Matt.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Well fistly if you want the authentic look, the fog lamps of the NF fairlane will fit into the air vent on each side of the front spoiler.
I saw it on a Fairmont but i think it should fit for the Futura GLi spoiler as well.
Not sure how much it will cost though, but i've seen it done on a fairmont and it looks good. The other alternative is to get after market ones like PIA they usually mount on the mouth part of the grill.

Personally if i ever want fog lamps, i would enquire about the NF Fairlane lamps.

Hope this helps...

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Ahh sorry bout that, welcome to the Forum mattyc, hope you have fun...
;) ;)

·
BA Turbo
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx!!

I've been reading for a while. good community type place !!

maybe get some photo's of my car on here sometime ..

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
The lights in the fairlane are used for going around corners, when they turn, or driver indicates they come on, look rather stupid I think. I reckon if you want it to look good, got the PIAA's, just like the Predator, or XR8 Sequential. You can always get copies for alot cheaper...............

Jas

·
BA Turbo
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to New Oak Ford 2day.

I asked them about putting the NF Fairlane fog lights on the front spoiler. The guy there basically told me I needed to have brackets behind the front spoiler so they didnt shake around.....

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The 2000 Hella catalogue has a photo of their green EL Futura on page 2,index, lower left corner. It has a set of Comet FF 100 in side the lower bumper opening. The part number for the fog lights is 5634W. That is for the complete kit. The price is around $200.

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
I dont know but is it really sensible to cover up those brake
air-inlets in the front grille?

I mean how are the brakes supposed to efficiently cool down after a bit of use?

Just some thoughts,

PS: welcome to the board MattyC :D :thumbup:

Jase

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Tickford EB,

I thought the same as you at first, but when i looked at my front spoiler the air holes you see do not go anywhere (ie, theres a plastic cover after the wheel) accept to the engine bay. Thats why on upper models like Fairlane they have fog lamps there. Or in performance stakes the cold air induction setup gets channel to one of the air holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts