Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who is having problems with the fog lights being busted out? I love my Edge, but at $85 each, I can't afford to keep replacing them. Does anyone know if there is a cover or screen that can be used to protect them? I appreciate the help.
Skip in Houston

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laminge. Thank you for the reply. What kind of 3M do I look for and do I put it directly over the lense? It's a clear plastic film? Like I said, $85 each to replace them is just a little bit steep. So far that is the only complaint I have about the Edge. I like my little truck.
I'll look for the film.
Skip in Houston

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am I the only one who is having problems with the fog lights being busted out? I love my Edge, but at $85 each, I can't afford to keep replacing them. Does anyone know if there is a cover or screen that can be used to protect them? I appreciate the help.
Skip in Houston
I hear you. I also have the same problem with a 2005 Ford Escape. I never even use the fog lights and they keep breaking. I replaced them 4 times and it's a royal pain, now I just drive with both of them broken. I wish I could find a couple of blank-off panels to fill the hole and eliminate them completely. I suspect it's a design flaw in the bumper cover that has so much flex in it that it breaks the lens on the light. I used to think it was caused by rocks while driving on dirt roads but the last two I broke happened on the pavement. Probably from the chassis twisting while turning into a steep driveway??? I gave up on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts