Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an AUIII XR6 which I would like to install lower spotties or fog lights into the holes in the front bar. I've seen the small round lights that people often install and I'm not too keen on em. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a brand of light or a size that will fit as snug as a rug into those lower holes. See pic enclosed of my car. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dwayne

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
It really depends if you want a decent brand light *say hella* or if you just want a cheaper sort that you can get from supercheap / autobarn pretty cheap. The best bet would be to take the car to either one of those places *autobarn woudl have more options* and get a sales consultant to take the lights out and see how they fit the car.

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks XTS220. I'm not sure if those holes are intended for spot lights, or if its just a design feature. My neighbour has a Camry Sportivo and it has similar holes, but hers has spotties in them. I thought it would finish the car to have a couple of spotties. I might take your advice and head out tommorrow to Autobahn for a look. I was gonna call ford for factory lights (if there is such a thing), but I figure they would charge full price plus 900%.

Cheers

Dwayne

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
I bought some from Supercheap auto when I had my AUII. They were there own brand.

They cost me around $12 and fitted so snuggly that they were never actually bolted in. The mounting bracket fitted behind the opening and kept it in place.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
By teh way mate ford never made a light to fit in that position - the BA sedans XT/FUTURA/FAIRMONT are like the new Camrys have a proper duct/ford light which fit in the holes.

If your buying a set, make sure they are ADR compliant, this can be determined if there is something written on the lense of the light - but im not sure what it has to say.

Neways good luck and i hope you find something tomorrow when you go looking.

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
i recon the ones i have on my car would fit in those holes i got sirus oval spotties i'll post pics soon

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the help. Sorry i haven't checked this thread, I forgot about it.

I haven't found anything yet, but I'll go to supercheap auto and have look. especially if they are like $12. All i need is to get them wired up.

I'll ask about the ADR when i see them. Its a shame ford never intended those holes to have spotties. I noticed today on camry that their spotties seem to fit a snug as a bug.

Cheers guys.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Yeh its pretty dissapointing, as they do better the look at the front as we all know. They are pretty easy to wire up yourself, just need to wire them up so they come on with your parkers, and not just by themselves.

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XTS220 said:
Yeh its pretty dissapointing, as they do better the look at the front as we all know. They are pretty easy to wire up yourself, just need to wire them up so they come on with your parkers, and not just by themselves.
I'll get an auto electrician to do it. I work in an office, so when it comes this sort of stuff, I'll end up wiring it up the seat belt. hehe

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Hella and Narva have some oval lights that might fit, check out their websites (I'm lazy - just type the names into google!). Or measure the size of the opening and look at the dimensions shown on the packages in your local auto shop.

If the light is a foglight you can have it on with parkers, otherwise for a driving light it must only be able to turn on with high beams! If it is a fair dinkum driving light this will not only be a legality but also a necessity as you would otherwise dazzle the carp out of other drivers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts