Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Australian AUII XR6 HP Member
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys had any troubles with the factory fitted alarm?
I just picked up XR6 HP with the factory fitted alarm. On a few occasions when i pressed the unlock key the alarm goes off.On another occasion the car was sitting in the drive way i hit the unlock key and did not hear any chirps , then the alarm goes off . After hitting the unlock key and lock key the alarm stops ,but then goes off again . Even if i start the car the alarm still continued , I drove off but the alarm started again . I had to switch off the alarm to fix it . These problems only happend on about 3 occasions it seems to be an intermittent fault. On another topic i am only getting 300km per tank i mostly do city driving and my car has only done 1200km . Will this improve much when the car does more kms? I am running on regular unlead but might try premium to improve it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
My alarm (Sentry) was dealer fitted, and so far I've had no dramas with it. I have had times when the alarm tends to go off on it's own, only to discover I'd done something like leave an interior light switch on (the light goes off when the key is removed from the ignition.) I'd get your dealer to have a look at your alarm.

As for fuel consumption, you may have to wait until your engine is run in a bit more. My XR6 HP has done 18K, and I got 523Ks from my last tank on Optimax (there was at least 300K's of freeway driving though.) I don't see myself doing that much freeway on this tank, so I'll be keen to see what I get out of it this time.

What options did u get with your XR6? Are you enjoying the car thus far? I'm very happy with mine!

Oh, and don't get too upset with the "you're missing two cylinders" jibes you're likely to encounter, it's the V8-owners way of being friendly. :D
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
Venom S said:
Oh, and don't get too upset with the "you're missing two cylinders" jibes you're likely to encounter, it's the V8-owners way of being friendly. :D
Bah!!.. You guys have got it easy.. I'm missing 4 cylinders and around 3.7 litres!!! :eek:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Ford Man said:

Bah!!.. You guys have got it easy.. I'm missing 4 cylinders and around 3.7 litres!!! :eek:
It sounds better when you say 'missing half an engine!'. :D
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
Venom S said:
It sounds better when you say 'missing half an engine!'. :D
Good point!!.. I'm missing about half a car when you put it like that!!..
 

·
Australian AUII XR6 HP Member
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Venom S said:
My alarm (Sentry) was dealer fitted, and so far I've had no dramas with it. I have had times when the alarm tends to go off on it's own, only to discover I'd done something like leave an interior light switch on (the light goes off when the key is removed from the ignition.) I'd get your dealer to have a look at your alarm.

As for fuel consumption, you may have to wait until your engine is run in a bit more. My XR6 HP has done 18K, and I got 523Ks from my last tank on Optimax (there was at least 300K's of freeway driving though.) I don't see myself doing that much freeway on this tank, so I'll be keen to see what I get out of it this time.

What options did u get with your XR6? Are you enjoying the car thus far? I'm very happy with mine!

Oh, and don't get too upset with the "you're missing two cylinders" jibes you're likely to encounter, it's the V8-owners way of being friendly. :D
I got the XR6 HP AUII auto with 17 inch wheels, body kit,prem sound,tinted windows , momo wheel and t bar,silver in color
Yer i am enjoying it ,lots of fun to drive.But it can be a bit bumpy
ride have to slow down over the speed humps :) just chews too much petrol
 

·
Australian AUII XR6 HP Member
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE DOCTOR said:
got any more info on the alarm, make model, who what when where etc.
ummm the alarm was the one ford supplies $500 dollars i think
 

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
Joined
·
421 Posts
ALARM PROBLEMS

HI ALL
alarms ??? where do i start
I've had heaps of problems with alarms
+++ first up xr6 aftermarket alarm same as the ford unit

the alarm would go off day and nigth , just no pattern to it at all, then two upgrades later by the supplier ,we have found that its a voltage drop or change that is happening when the car (ute) is armed (most likley a computor down loading or something that happens while these cars are asleep). take the voltage drop section out of the alarm settings and no more probs , but its now a very basic alarm and i'm still not happy with that , but atleast it works .

i had the girls in the office resetting the alarm when it would go off all the time and eventualy it was left unlocked one day and i had the little local hoods raid it (lost a phone missed the money haha) any how these guys were only 7 and 8 yrs old hows that for starting young .

+++TS50 alarm ,another long story here also , (one thing i,ve learnt here is not to put 12 volt power back on the alarm when it is going off on batt back up!!! POOF instant dead alarm not even a chirp lol) replaced under warranty
When asked by the dealer, what did i do to it ?? answer = nothing huh

alarms are not bullet proof so do some extra mods yourself to buy some time
WASA (warwick)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top