·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone at Ford must know about this :confused:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Yes. The DVD is I'm guessing the same as the VHS tape you could get for a while now,possibly with more stuff as DVD's usually are.
The program was actually on TV about 5? months ago or something,unfortunatly I missed it but a mate taped it so I've seen a little. Goes right from the formation of Ford Oz to current day.(AU).
Even the VHS has stuff that wasn't on the tele program.
Worth it for a Ford freak with a DVD player.....that's me.
Russell.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
That woulda been "Dick Johnson: True Blue" I got it on video a fair while ago and am tempted to get it on DVD too just to hear the awesome sound of the Greens Tuf XE through the sound system of the PC rather than the crappy speakers attached to the tv hehe ;) :D plus the fact the DVD aint gunna get chewed up by a dodgy VCR ;)

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Isn't that Dicky video great DK, I've got it also.
My favorite part is footage of the flying lap at Bathurst in the Greens Tuff XE.The sound of a fully balanced race Cleveland is something to behold. :nuts: .....then he went into the trees :eek:
Also the in car camera shot from another car of the True Blue XD munching it down Conrod is good viewing.:cool:
Both DVD's are on my shopping list.
Russell.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Another video/possible DVD for us Ford Fans to get is the 30 Years of Falcon GT. Good viewing with everything from the XR to EL...including the Phase 4.:nuts:
Russell.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Rastus said:
Another video/possible DVD for us Ford Fans to get is the 30 Years of Falcon GT. Good viewing with everything from the XR to EL...including the Phase 4.:nuts:
Russell.
That one's titled "GT The Legend". $29.95 if anyone wants one.

:cool:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Discovery said:

:cool:
Yeah, that's the one Discovery, for a minute there I thought I had a different one which meant I would've had to get hold of another one.;) It's got an Orange XY GT on it with a black background and Ford emblem in the corner. Good value.:cool:
Russell.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I have a video of Fords history at Bathurst, I think it goes upto 1997 so I miss out on the 98 victory but apart from that its good veiwing.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discovery said:
Polo shirt's pretty good too.. ;) Might have to get the vid in Oct..

The Bathurst vid is "The Racing History of Ford at the Great Race".. Damn good video for 30 bucks.. especially the early footage from Phillip Island.. :D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
How about Bathurst in the early days without the barriers lining the track.
Hmmm what to do today, I know drive around a mountain flat out in my 400hp race car with crappy brakes no roll cage and no fence lining the road. Man when you think about it those drivers were psycho or atleast had big balls.:eek:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Adam W said:
those drivers were psycho or atleast had big balls.:eek:
A healthy combination of both me thinks!!.. :eek:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adam W said:
How about Bathurst in the early days without the barriers lining the track. no roll cage .:eek:
They had roll cages, I know that Falcon GT in the 60s that barrel rolled along the fence line and the guy came out without serious injury had one :eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts