Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ford.com.au website has no model specific data for the RTV nor does it have configurator / price facilities for this ute. I also intensely dislike the extra window popup method used which means you can't go 'Back' when you reach a dead end (like the ute section where the RTV doesn't seem to exist except on the intro page).

Anyone else know where the above features are?????

(I sent an email to Ford letting them know AP has probably got finger trouble.....)

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
I think there is a back feature in the top left corner of the window ( look for the two arrows "<<" ).

But yeah, the apart from the main page, no further info on the RTV seems to exist :p
Kinda weird to have a big promo "teaser" on the main page, and nothing else . . .

·
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy
552 Posts
ive seen one...though ive only seeen one...pretty darn rare
one day at roswell....
nah i really have...BA Ute, raised, with flared guards and a RTV badging

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
I seen one was well. Looked horn on the road!
By the way, in the ute section AP has entertained thoughts of fitting RTV suspension to a Pursuit or XR8!!!!!! :AAHHH:
Now that would be an awesome sight! :wnc:

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Anyone else know where the above features are?????
Nope! But please see attached price matrix from our supplier pricelist. These prices are retail (the special discount prices have been cropped out). Some prices on these lists have conflicted with the configurator from time to time but should be pretty close.

Not much, but better than the bloody stagnant Falcon Ute site.

Attachments

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Madder,

I chased some pricing and my original plan looks way better.

A pretty basic RTV 220 5M costs close to $41,300 before on roads once you add the necessities such as tonneu cover, air con, cruise. The XR8 ute costs around $42,300 but has numerous (LOTS) of extra features. All you need is the high rise suspension, a set of suitable tyres, and a diff shimming to get the best of both worlds.

More research.......

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Madder,

A pretty basic RTV 220 5M costs close to $41,300 before on roads once you add the necessities such as tonneu cover, air con, cruise. The XR8 ute costs around $42,300 but has numerous (LOTS) of extra features. All you need is the high rise suspension, a set of suitable tyres, and a diff shimming to get the best of both worlds.

More research.......
Rock n' Roll (literally). You're right, an RTV is somewhere between a jacked up XL and XLS. XR8's the go, and get yourself some of those underbody shields too.

Only two questions remain:

1. When?

2. What colour?

P.S. You've still got 3 and a bit weeks til FPV day to do it to the Pursuit :hehe:

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
rtv has wider track and underbody protection... but 40 kilowatts.....

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Madder,

More research.......
Pete,

What else to you need to know mate? I can help you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts