Ford Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just out with the trailer to take away some garden rubbish with the V8 EF. When testing the lights found that everything works but the brake lights. Then realised the 3 Brake lights on the car werent working either?

Anyone know what the hells going on? All Fuses and globes are ok to. This is a worry as I dont know how long I have been driving around without brake lights now!

Any easy fix's?

Tim

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Im not sure with Falcons but I had a brake light switch die on me with a Toyota and it caused the brake lights to stay on all the time....

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeap definitly the brake switch costs only $20.00 or something. Had it replaced a while back, seems alot of late model falcons suffer this problem. I'm wouldn't worry about it at all as it can be replaced easily.

G

·
Had this happen on my EF a few years ago. Bought a new switch and got upside down in the footwell and replaced it myself. Very easy!!!! Took 5 minutes I kid you not.

Car was still under warranty but decided the stuffing around with going to the dealer and leaving it with them for half the day wasn't worth it.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
That switch is a common one. Not a model of reliability I have to say!

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Jase_ELXR8 said:
Yeah, definatly the switch. You can test it by driving down the road with cruise on and tapping the brake pedal. If it's stuffed the cruise wont cut out.
I had that happen to me once in my EF. Give me a bit of a scare the first time it happened I can tell ya. Yep, switch buggered and I was driving around for a few days at least with no brake lights.:dead:
Russell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.