Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day All,

My First Post. I am a new member from Perth. Have a A4 EF Fairmont 5.0L. Stock except for extractors.

I have just been been to the Perth "Auto Expo" and have seen the XR8 XPLOD. What a awesome car and paintjob.
My question:

Why the hell doesnt Ford AUS produce that Gold colour? It is a awesome looking colour! Can you imagine AUII XR's sedans and XR utes in this colour?

They were using it before Holden. I remember it on the XR8 sequential and on the Predator. It really would be a popular colour I think. How many SS's do you see in it?

I would love to see this colour added to the Falcon/T-Series range. Even if it is 3 years after Holden brang it out!

Come on Ford!

Best Regards
Tim/Perth

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Hi Tim.

Welcome. :)

The paint on the XPLOD and Sequential retails for around $1000/litre. Predator is a straight metallic (mica) gold.

Would you be willing to foot the extra $$$ to have the harlequin paint available as a factory option??

They do look good, but there are plenty of other colours that would make just as much of an impact.

:cool:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Discovery said:

They do look good, but there are plenty of other colours that would make just as much of an impact.
Yeah there are, but why don't FORD intorduce them!:confused:

·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Discovery:

Thanks for the Welcome mate ;)

I understand what you are saying. But Holden manages it somehow! All the Commodores getting around in a fairly similar awesome Gold colour.

Same with the bodykit (Side skirt kit) etc. Which you have to fork out a lot extra for. When you get it standard on the cheaper, quicker and more powerfull SS.

Im very passionate towards my Fords but In my Humble opinion the pricing with the XR models isnt as good as it could be.

Fortes/Fairmonts are priced very well and are very well equipped compared to the similar Spec Holdens. Its just the XR models which seem to me to be quite expensive. Then you have to fork out for 17" wheels (on AU1) and the extra skirt kit just to match the SS.

This is just how I feel at the moment.
I look forward to your comments.

Best Reagrds

Tim/Perth

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Tim_EF_5.0 said:
Discovery:

Thanks for the Welcome mate ;)
That's ok sweetie ;) I'm a girl. :)

I agree that colour needs to be seriously looked at. I spoke to a customer at length one day about the fact that he had only ever driven white cars. He wanted to buy a T-Series (TS) and they only came out in a handful of colours, none of them being white. I haven't seen him since the conversation where I told him to go back to the dealer and convince them that the colour of his money should be good enough to change the colour of a car.

I also agree with the fact that body kits should be offered as standard rather than an option. They can really make or break a car's appearance. In saying this though, the kits must look like they are a part of the car, rather than just an add on.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised in the future with Ford, they are really passionate about giving the customer what they want, and are fully aware that the AU had its faults in this area.

·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoops! :)

Sorry Madam:D

Thankyou once again for your comments I agree with you.

"I agree that colour needs to be seriously looked at. I spoke to a customer at length one day about the fact that he had only ever driven white cars. He wanted to buy a T-Series (TS) and they only came out in a handful of colours, none of them being white. I haven't seen him since the conversation where I told him to go back to the dealer and convince them that the colour of his money should be good enough to change the colour of a car."

Hopefully They came to some sort of agreement! Ford really cannot afford to loose T-Series customers over things such as colour. For that price you should be able to get white or allmost any colour in the Falcon range (plus maybe a couple reserved for the FTE cars)

Best Regards
Tim

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Am I crazy or are there others that would love an XR8 in Chrome Yellow?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Wave enough in front of the right salesman and I reckon you could end up with a yelow XR8. Might look like a cab but so does the GTSR cruddydore! Still like black but.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Give me Galaxy, or Monsoon Blue anyday...
My favorite at the moment is liquid silver, especially on the XR's... ooohhhh baby... :mmm:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ah now yer talkin Doc! :damack:

Yeah I would have liked to have seen a "Sillouhette" type black option on the EL's, my heritage green looks black in a few different types of light, but not the same :( Not a big fan of the Commo Tiger paint, I reckon it'll date pretty quickly.

Damn, that avatar of yours still cracks me up Doc.. I think you'll be slaying the lasses on the trip!! :gok: :WH: :confused: :eek:

T

·
0 Posts
thats a nice colour, persian sand especially on a car with curves. does'nt seem to suit odd contours for some reason. but that colour your talking about, I've seen on a Mk4 Cortina, with a silver fleck running through it, absolutely fantastic.

Lasses, oh-no way, my north coast friend, I gave that avenue of pleasure up a long time ago, the cry of rape and get off me or I'll call the dog catcher, when they sobered up has ended that little game. I take matter's into my own hands now.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
As you guy's above have mentioned there definately needs to be more colour choice.
Someone mentioned a yellow AU Ute going around - it's on a website somewhere and reckon it looks great especially with the blacked out door pillars.

I agree on the T-series, to me if you are paying big money on a car you should be able to specify any colour you want the same applies to the Mustang - it has stuff all colours, here in NZ you pay $95,000 for one of those
and as I said before you should be able to specify any colour you want. :damack:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
The SS has some features that should be standard on the XR8. However, the Ford has features you can't get on the SS like fold down seat, better sound, decent IRS and others. There's a definite line between the two. I think Holden have been smarter overall though.

The best thing about the XR is the ability to option it up nicely with leather, steering wheel etc. It adds a real edge in the 'class' stakes.

As for coulour, in the gold I really like the Volvo Saffron. Being PAG, the paint should be readily available. The Holden Tiger is too dark for me. It just doesn't look right. Remember too that Holden had Hackett Gold available, so cost can't be the issue here.... :CraZ:

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
I dont see cost as the issue either. I know the Sequentials mexican fire was a $1000 a litre but i thought the X Plods was different though i could be wrong. Anyway id pay the extra if it were an option.Things are cheaper in bulk too.:cool: I remember Howard Marsden saying that Ford wanted the ELGT to be available in gold like the original XR model but couldnt do it because it wasnt a readily available colour off the production line. Think of how many gold show cars the've done since then so maybe for the next GT?

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Personally I hate the Tiger Gold on the Commodes it reminds me of a Crunchie packet. It is going to go out of date very quickly and then nobody will want to buy one, I would hate to be trying to sell one when the colour goes out of fashion.:mad3:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Just saw 3 sweet AU utes. First is the 'Mongrel' Ford did for the Uteman, lifted , bright yellow and lotsa chrome. Second in the new Street Machine an AU1 XR8 ute in black with flames rolling on Weld billets and last of all next door to work a local panel shops XLS with body kit in the flip paint. Man that thing looks cool but the bill would kill me!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
I take matter's into my own hands now.
I'm just not gunna ask... :eek:

The PPG "flip" paint costs around $3k per gallon (3.85ltr). My uncle owns a panel shop and he reckons for the best effect from the paint you need to do the base coat in either liquid silver or mexican fire with the flip paint has top coat with 2 coats of clear on top of that. Bloody expensive spray job if you ask me!!... :CraZ:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
15 Participants
SIM EF6
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing