Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stop putting all the horse power in the SVT Focus and put it in the Cougar. Good looking car "Cougar" little performance, ugly car "Focus" getting alot of performance. Also, change the chassis of the Cougar to the Mazda 626 platform. I say this after learning Ford gave up on the Cougar S idea.

·
Ford Member
18 Posts
I think the Cougar's a pretty nice car. Ford has done a terrible job at marketing Mercurys lately. I just hope they get it straightened out before it's too late to build the Mercury brand back up.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tang Pgt said:
. Seem's like they don't even care about the Cougar at all.

It's a shame
Sounds a little familiar doesn't. The Cougar seems to be taking the same road as the Probe.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that's ironic.

P

·
0 Posts
Stacy94PGT said:

Sounds a little familiar doesn't. The Cougar seems to be taking the same road as the Probe.
Same thing I was thinking. Hope Ford doesnt make the same mistake they made when they stopped producing the probes. I was just talking with a couple of my friends and we all agreed everytime Ford invents a nice car a couple of years later they stop making them (see Probes, Thunderbirds...). Why?

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know Tommy. One has to wonder what the suites at Ford are thinking sometimes.

·
Explorer Member
6 Posts
Ford Contour SVT and Ford Cougar Dale Earnhardt Edition

When I worked at a Ford dealership in PA, I drove the 2001 Ford Contour SVT and let me tell you, that car has some power. Also, I drove a special edition of the Cougar that was called the Dale Earnhardt Edition. It was black and silver with the number 3 on the rear windows and the rear windshield. This car had, I think, either a 2.5 or a 3L, I wasn't sure about the size of the engine but it was still the base V-6 with slight mods done to it. But it was a 5 speed and this thing would fly.

P

·
0 Posts
Stacy94PGT said:
I don't know Tommy. One has to wonder what the suites at Ford are thinking sometimes.
Id phrase that a little differently: One has to wonder what the hell those *&^% suites at Ford are thinking... (I know that was really articulate of me...)
I feel better now :)

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Ford Contour SVT and Ford Cougar Dale Earnhardt Edition

FordRacer420 said:
When I worked at a Ford dealership in PA, I drove the 2001 Ford Contour SVT and let me tell you, that car has some power. Also, I drove a special edition of the Cougar that was called the Dale Earnhardt Edition. It was black and silver with the number 3 on the rear windows and the rear windshield. This car had, I think, either a 2.5 or a 3L, I wasn't sure about the size of the engine but it was still the base V-6 with slight mods done to it. But it was a 5 speed and this thing would fly.
It was most likely a 2.5L out of a Contour SVT. I know Ford was expermenting the European version of the Cougar S with a 3.0L. But for some reason they've given up on the Cougar S. I think this happen due to the Focus SVT coming out. Why would a somebody make a Earnhardt Cougar when he races Chevys?

·
Probe SE Member
45 Posts
They gave up on the Cougar S? Huh Its in there 2001 Broshure. Well that wouldn't be the first time they did that, remember the Mustang GTS that never was.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
96 PSE said:
They gave up on the Cougar S? Huh Its in there 2001 Broshure. Well that wouldn't be the first time they did that, remember the Mustang GTS that never was.
Ceck this site out for Ford news www.blueovalnews.com. This story was also in autoweek mag as well.

·
Thunderbird Member
55 Posts
thats a good question? first of all why not a earnhardt monte carlo, or if a ford, why not a taurus. last i heard ford wasnt racing cougars in nascar, lol

·
Ranger Member
74 Posts
i personnally like the focus more than the cougar. i used to work at a used car dealership, and we had two cougars, both with less than 20K miles on the clock, and they were both falling apart in the same places. and call me crazy, but i think the focus looks better than the cougar :D and i'll HOPEFULLY be in the line for the focus SVT when it comes out :)

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2ksport said:
call me crazy, but i think the focus looks better than the cougar :D and i'll HOPEFULLY be in the line for the focus SVT when it comes out :)
Your not crazy, Your phucking nuts.:D I'm sorry but the Cougar is waaaaay better looking than the Focus.

·
Thunderbird Member
55 Posts
i have to agree with stacy

i have driven a 99 v6 auto and granted it felt like a turd to my old 91 LS (dont even ask how it ranks against the SC :D)

it felt small to me, which i dont really like small cars, but if the cougar felt small to me, the focus would feel like a sardine can.

and those focuses are Frickin UGLY, looks like something a 4 year old drew!!!!!

·
A-Team Member
263 Posts
THAT DOES IT! When I get out of college I am going to be CEO of Ford and get things going right!

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ChargerGL said:
THAT DOES IT! When I get out of college I am going to be CEO of Ford and get things going right!
If you do that ? Hire me please, they need to design better looking cars. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
12 Participants
shibashaba
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing