Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks Can any of you please provide me a pdf or image files if the Ford Cortina MK3 Repair manual ? Would be a huge help :)

God Bless

PS- Where exactly should i place the jack under the car ? Coz I seem to not find a proper safe spot to lift it.

·
Super Moderator
19,807 Posts
If your using a trolley jack , put it under the diff on rear axle to lift rear . To lift front , put it under the front crossmember / axle beam . If you try to use original jack on side sill panels , they usually collapse due to rust and age .

·
Super Moderator
19,807 Posts
I wouldn't work on a car with that jack . Did it once when an apprentice doing a homer and it slipped dropping the car / brake drum onto my thumb , splitting it wide open , never again .Unless you have some solid jacking points which is very unlikely , you will have to jack car up where I mentioned in previous post with something like this Am-Tech 2 Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack or this http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4ADBF_en-GBGB313GB314&q=cheap+trolley+jack&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=644993230679751949&sa=X&ei=SniKUPrNDImDhQethoGYDQ&ved=0CEgQ8wIwAw. Either that or you can put that jack under the front lower wishbone arms for lifting each side at front or rear suspension arm mounting points on floor if not rotting .The front axle beam / crossmember is the part where the front stub axles mount onto and the engine mounts onto also , you cant miss it looking under front of car .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't work on a car with that jack . Did it once when an apprentice doing a homer and it slipped dropping the car / brake drum onto my thumb , splitting it wide open , never again .Unless you have some solid jacking points which is very unlikely , you will have to jack car up where I mentioned in previous post with something like this Am-Tech 2 Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack or this Draper 37036 2 Tonne Light Duty Trolley Jack. Either that or you can put that jack under the front lower wishbone arms for lifting each side at front or rear suspension arm mounting points on floor if not rotting .The front axle beam / crossmember is the part where the front stub axles mount onto and the engine mounts onto also , you cant miss it looking under front of car .
Thanks will do that, any how mate about the mk3 repair manual possible to download ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hard to get manuals/ download for that year , case of trying on web or E-bay , usually some on there. You can get the workshop manual from here , HAYNES MANUAL FORD CORTINA MK 111 70-76 0070 or here Haynes Car Owners Workshop Manuals For Ford Cortina Mk III 1300 and 1600 (70 - 76) up to P, Classic Reprint
Thanks alot for that mate I'll be buying that when I'm right on the money, Anyways tomorrow I will be checking my breaks remember this I bought used and it really doesn't have breaks I;m just afraid that I won't be able to find the correct size shoes or brak pads In Sri Lanka :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts