Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mates!

My Corti is now on top of wood and to get it down on its Wheels I need to replace the rear Hub Bearing The stock one was Just SOLID! Couldn't Move it with my hand anyways let me get to the deal the stock Bearing is 30, 67, 24 But the one I bought was told to fit the corti because there were no rear bearings to be found in my country. So i just want to reconfirm it.

here is what i came up with

God Bless

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant see how a bearing half the thickness would last , stand up to the strain or fit in the axle correctly .You could get one here ,

1971 FORD CORTINA Wheel Bearing
The Original bearing has a row of bearing even though its wide as so do the one i just bought so its not gonna be a issue with the load i guess and about the oil seal ? Would

And I'm sorry I missed a part of the bearing i bought *

Re drew it -

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,807 Posts
The " long pole " is the axle shaft / half shaft .If it's the same internal and external diameter as the old one and it has the oil seal built in , it will fit .Though the width of the bearing in your drawing compared to what it should be , gives concern .Or maybe I'm not reading it correctly .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The " long pole " is the axle shaft / half shaft .If it's the same internal and external diameter as the old one and it has the oil seal built in , it will fit .Though the width of the bearing in your drawing compared to what it should be , gives concern .Or maybe I'm not reading it correctly .
Yeah it has a Red colour seal going around the bearing covering the balls thats the oil seal ? Well the Width of the original and the other is both the same as we measured it with a caliper .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts