Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am having problems with my 1996 Courier Petrol 4x4, it is leaking fuel out of what I think is the fuel pressure regulator located under the manifold, I am guessing that it is a fuel pressure regulator based on the look of it.

Would someone be able to confirm if I am right and secondly how do I get it out. I have attached a photo.

Many Thanks in advance.
Car Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bumper Automotive wheel system

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be the fuel pressure regulator.
Thanks Mate, appreciate your reply. I finally got it out today after heaps of mucking around, I noticed that it has a hole in the middle of the cavity, which is where the fuel was spraying out of. Any idea why the hole would be there? As spraying atomized petrol into an engine bay is not that safe. Many thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi I am having problems with my 1996 Courier Petrol 4x4, it is leaking fuel out of what I think is the fuel pressure regulator located under the manifold, I am guessing that it is a fuel pressure regulator based on the look of it.

Would someone be able to confirm if I am right and secondly how do I get it out. I have attached a photo.

Many Thanks in advance. View attachment 53774 View attachment 53775
An update for anyone that has a similar issue, the part is a FUEL PRESSURE DAMPER/Fuel Pulsation Damper, apparently its purpose is to reduce a type of "water hammer" affect that can occur because of the fuel injection.I have read that the part is not necessarily needed and as it is difficult to find a replacement I am going to bypass it as has been suggested on other sites, I will provide an update once I have done that and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts