Ford Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
Well, I was going to say that you still have to subtract 100001, but that still leaves you at 70747... 24000 higher than the total built. Got me on that one.

·
Wagon guy
32 Posts
You have to remember that the Town Car, Grand Marquis and Crown Victoria ALL were built on the same assembly line - hence, this is why you VIN has nothing at all to do as to what number CV it was; rather, it is the sequential build number of ALL of the cars off that line. Yours was the 70,747th car off that production line is all that means.
-OR-
It could also mean that since the GM and TC have a different start point, VIN-wise, yours was the 70,747th CV off that line, period. It does not sound like FoMoCo started off with 100001 at the start of each build year. Rather, since so few changes occurred model year to model year, they just kept right on going with the numbering sequence. For example, if the last 2007 CV was VIN#304004, the first '08 VIN# likely started with the next number in sequence, 304005. Could be, I don't know for certain.

·
Super Moderator
1,055 Posts
I am ready for a new chapter in this history line. WHERE IS THE NEW C/V?
Hello Ford!! Oh, and learn from the Taurus; please make it a rear drive V/8! before we all buy Impala SS's

·
Old Cars, Strong Hearts
709 Posts
I am ready for a new chapter in this history line. WHERE IS THE NEW C/V?
Hello Ford!! Oh, and learn from the Taurus; please make it a rear drive V/8!
1 thing I've noticed about Ford ... it generally stays true to its heritage.

I remember the Probe was supposed to be the Mustang replacement, but then Ford actually listened to its enthusiasts ... & dropped that idea. And, some, what, 20 years later, the Mustang is still here ... still true to its heritage.

So, hopefully, they will continue that trend & bring back the CV with similar nods to the heritage.

Cort :) OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS | memories, even if the whole world has forgotten
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"These are some good times, so take a good look around" __ Trace Adkins __ 'You're Gonna Miss This'

·
Super Moderator
1,055 Posts
Yes, and we all remember the Probe, or not! I don't own a Probe (Mazda), never have, never will, but I own three Mustangs and a CV. That's about as clear a message as I can send to Ford.

·
Old Cars, Strong Hearts
709 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,055 Posts
I once owned a '68 GT FB, with a real 427 side oiler and top loader. It hurts every time I think about having sold it!

I now own three later models, '07 and '09 V6s, my daughters' rides (when not in Australia), and an '08 Shelby GT500, mine! I learned my lesson with the '68 and will not part with the Shelby! I can read my 15 year old son's mind every time he looks at it.

I have owned four Panther cars, an '05 CV Sport is the present "daily driver".

There are a bunch of other cars and motorcycles buried in the barn. Some of them even run!

I enjoyed your link; what are you driving?

·
Old Cars, Strong Hearts
709 Posts
I once owned a '68 GT FB, with a real 427 side oiler and top loader. It hurts every time I think about having sold it!
Sad to say, I'm familiar with that "hurting" when you think of car(s) sold.... NOT fun ... NOT fun at all.

Bajarider said:
I now own three later models, '07 and '09 V6s, my daughters' rides (when not in Australia), and an '08 Shelby GT500, mine! I learned my lesson with the '68 and will not part with the Shelby! I can read my 15 year old son's mind every time he looks at it.
Sweet! And, yep, I don't need to see him look at it to know what he is thinking. ;)

Bajarider said:
I have owned four Panther cars, an '05 CV Sport is the present "daily driver".
Very cool!

Bajarider said:
I enjoyed your link; what are you driving?
Thank you ... glad you did!

As for what I'm driving ... 1979 Caprice Classic sedan (winter warrior) & 1989 Caprice Classic Brougham (summer cruiser).

Cort :) OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS | memories, even if the whole world has forgotten
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Take a ride, look around" __ Jason Aldean __ 'Tattoos On This Town'

·
Super Moderator
1,055 Posts
ScarredKnight, I don't know why it took me so long to read your last post, but I enjoyed the comments. Thanks. Caprice Classics were great cars! I wanted a later model SS and wish Ford would build something close (the Marauder was down on power), but have too many cars already, so I guess not. The following is really off subject, but still about cars, so here goes. We are restoring (resto modding) a '73 Nova hatchback with a 350 HO crate engine and 700R4 and a '69 Nova coupe destined to be a COPO clone. My wife drives a '79 'Vette, so we also allow Chevys into the shop. Just as long as they don't interbreed with our Fords.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
19 Participants
Bajarider
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing