Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I need some suggestions. I went into an oil change appointment at the Ford dealership with 4 matching Toyo T1-S tires (which are now discontinued). 2 hours later they tell me my car's ready. As I approached my car one of the mechanics came running at me with some paperwork he said I needed and totally distracted me. So I left and made a 5 minute pit stop at a store for milk. As I walked towards my car I noticed that I only had 3 matching tires. I hightailed myself back to the dealership who proceeded to deny knowing anything about a tire switch. What am I supposed to do now? I know they took that tire, there's no way that someone could jack up my car, take the tire off the rim and replace the tire, all in a parking lot during 5 minutes. The dealership is the only place I went that day and they're the only ones with the equipment to do a tire swap. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
112 Posts
After I'd checked the spare I'd approach the dealerships manager & let him know your dont think he did it but one of his staff has done the wrong thing and could he help sort it out perhaps pointing out it does not bode well for his companys reputation. If response is not good tell him you will have to file a complaint with head office ,consumer affairs ,the police and the local talk back radio stations.Explain that this is not your prefered course of action and you had hoped that this could be resolved quickly and amicably but if forced to you will fight to get what is yours returned to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. My spare is still in my trunk so I'm going to go back to them today. So frustrated....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts