Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as im in Melbourne this weekend i thought i would check out the place.

It was awesome!!! some great displays and merchandise....:D

make sure you go if you get the chance, only $6 what a bargin!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Glad to hear you liked our place xlr8. We change our displays every six months or so. What was your favourite thing in the place?:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
880 Posts
We are on the Corner of Gheringhap & Brougham Streets, Geelong 3220, VIC.
PH: (03) 52278700
E mail: [email protected]
Melways Ref: Map 228A G3

Open Six days a week (closed Tuesdays) 10.00am to 5.00pm
Cost is Adults $6.00, Children $3.00, Concession $4.00, Family (2 adults, 4 children) $16.00, Group Rate (15 or more people) $3.80.

It takes at least 1 hour to see everything and we always swap our cars and displays around. We also have a shop and we will have a few suprises coming in the next few months. So keep your eyes peeled.
A friend of mine has his own web site at www.trueblueford.com
There is a link to the FDC. Check it out and go to the welcome page. The guy with his arms crossed in the blue top is me:D (yes i do sometimes work Felicity. In joke guys)
Hope this helps

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, i cant recommend it enough........:D

even the wife enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Space Lord said:
(yes i do sometimes work Felicity.)
And what a tour guide you are too son!! I might have to rename you Mr Tour Guide in the future.. ;) Groups of 30 or more seem to be your specality.. :D

·
Registered
880 Posts
Ford Man said:

And what a tour guide you are too son!! I might have to rename you Mr Tour Guide in the future.. ;) Groups of 30 or more seem to be your specality.. :D
I do my best, as does the rest of the team at the FDC. For the guys who are going to the October trip i am sure you all will have a ball. Discovery (felicity) has worked very hard at this and i'm sure everyone will enjoy it. Roll on October.......:D :D :D :D :D
Thanks for the kind words chucky.

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
I'd just like to add my praise for the Ford Discovery Centre. While being a little 'geographically challenged' and not having had the opportunity to visit personally, Felicity was able to put me in touch with the Ford Historian Adrian (dead set legend) and I have been fortunate to receive some absolutely PRICELESS Ford Probe memorabilia.

The additional information that Ford have provided has been of huge interest to not only myself - but the complete Probe 'community' that I keep in touch with. We are all extremely grateful for the efforts that FDC go to in promoting and encouraging not only the Ford brand - but the history of the company, its products AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it's enthusiasts.

I had been searching high and low for all and anything "Probe" and generally found dead ends.

Thank you again to everyone there. Especially Felicity and Adrian. Can this be passed on to either or both if they do not see it personally???

Oh - if anything ELSE turns up, don't forget me?? :D

Regards,

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Dead set legendary place to go. If you go through Geelong don't miss it - our Holden boys would be jealous if they saw what Ford has done for this place!

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
XLR8 said:
Seeing as im in Melbourne this weekend i thought i would check out the place.

It was awesome!!! some great displays and merchandise....:D

make sure you go if you get the chance, only $6 what a bargin!!
Glad you liked it XLR8. We do too!! 2 1/2 years there so far and I still get a kick out of taking people around and seeing new displays. :D

Pity I wasn't there to meet you. If any of you do drop in, make sure you identify yourselves so we can catch up.

Felicity.

:cool:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Space Lord said:
We are on the Corner of Gheringhap & Brougham Streets, Geelong 3220, VIC.
PH: (03) 52278700
E mail: [email protected]
Melways Ref: Map 228A G3

Open Six days a week (closed Tuesdays) 10.00am to 5.00pm

The guy with his arms crossed in the blue top is me:D (yes i do sometimes work Felicity. In joke guys)
Hope this helps
Hey Space Boy. The Melways reference in the current edition is 401 G2! And we are open every day over the mid year school holidays.

Well well, perhaps you should have uncrossed your arms long enough to find all this out! :D :D :D

Now back to work! :eek:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Homer said:
I'd just like to add my praise for the Ford Discovery Centre. While being a little 'geographically challenged' and not having had the opportunity to visit personally, Felicity was able to put me in touch with the Ford Historian Adrian (dead set legend) and I have been fortunate to receive some absolutely PRICELESS Ford Probe memorabilia.

The additional information that Ford have provided has been of huge interest to not only myself - but the complete Probe 'community' that I keep in touch with. We are all extremely grateful for the efforts that FDC go to in promoting and encouraging not only the Ford brand - but the history of the company, its products AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it's enthusiasts.

I had been searching high and low for all and anything "Probe" and generally found dead ends.

Thank you again to everyone there. Especially Felicity and Adrian. Can this be passed on to either or both if they do not see it personally???

Oh - if anything ELSE turns up, don't forget me?? :D

Regards,
What can I say Homer, I am going to print this comment out and show everyone at work. Thanks for your praise, we pride ourselves on our customer service. I will definately keep my eyes open for extra Probe info for you. :cool:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discovery said:

Hey Space Boy. The Melways reference in the current edition is 401 G2! And we are open every day over the mid year school holidays.

Well well, perhaps you should have uncrossed your arms long enough to find all this out! :D :D :D

Now back to work! :eek:

Yes Boss;) ;)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
I should add my words of praise here as well. I got in touch with Flick about anything and everything ELXR8.. and through her contacts, she didn't disappoint!! I received a lovely little bundle of stuff, including the original EL2XR8 promotional photograph!! The very print!! :D :thumbup:

Thanks again Flick and all involved.. most appreciated! :cool:

·
Ford Member
8 Posts
Homer said:
Felicity was able to put me in touch with the Ford Historian Adrian (dead set legend) .

Space Lord or Discovery

I am trying to compile a history of racing the GTHO. I have several unanswered questions that maybe he can answer for me. Can you help?

BJ

1 - 20 of 23 Posts