Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a ford escape 2001 model, and I have just purchased a pioneer radio to replace the old one. Unfortunately I did not take care of the battery beforehand, and by accident one of the wires in the radio sparked. Im not sure which one, however now my radio doesn't work, and whats more, nothing electrical works until I start the car.(Even when the car is on, the radio still doesn't work, and the lights inside the car don't work, everything on the outside is fine though) I wasn't able to look into the issue much further as it got too dark. However I would appreciate any and all advice given to find the solution. preferably without having to go to a dealer. I hope its just a fuse that blew, but i'm not even sure where to begin looking.
Also how likely is it that the radio itself is completely fried?
Thank you again.

Parts: Pioneer radio, DEH X3910BT car CD Receiver
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,375 Posts
Its probably just a fuse. Have a look in your owners manual for the fusebox location(s) and diagrams and layout. Look through the list of what fuses protects what. Look for either radio or interior (dome) lights and check that fuse.

If you don't have a owners manual you can download one HERE for free.

**EDIT - Looks like the guide for your vehicle is not available on that site. Let me look around and see what I can find.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,375 Posts
Check fuses #12, 18 & 27. Its probably fuse 27 that blown.

Also, under the hood, BTN2 could have also blown.

Passenger compartment fuse panel
The fuse panel is located on the left hand side kick panel. Remove the
panel cover to access the fuses.



Under the hood, BTN1 and or BTN2 could have also blown.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much! You really helped shorten the search, it was Number 27 fuse. Completely blown, went to pep boys, and got a $4 replacement. Now everything works! Thank you SO much!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Thanks for coming back with a solution!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I'm new to the forum, and to be honest, I never used one before, but I have an issue and may need you guys input. My wife has a 2016 Escape Titanium, and about 2 weeks ago while I was driving the backup camera suddenly stayed on where I could see the road behind. When I got to the house I had to turn on and off the car a couple of times to get it to stay off once in parking. I noticed the screen kind of stayed on (blue) for a little while then was off. The following day when I tried to turn on the car the battery was dead. I checked the voltage and had 6.7 volts. I removed the battery and charged the battery overnight back to 13.5 v and installed back and the car started right up, then I removed the positive terminal to check if the alternator was charging and the car stayed on during that test. Another thing I remember happened the next day when everything started was a TRRRRRR like vibration noise coming from around the engine and it lasted like 30 seconds then went off, all this with the engine off. Then the next morning the same thing happened "battery dead", After charging the battery "again" I hooked up the multimeter to perform a parasite draw test and this is the results I got. (not sure if I did it right)...
-Removed the negative terminal and completed circuit with my meter set up to read Amps with passenger door open I got 5.17Amps
-Closed and locked the car and after 2 min reading started going down to 2.21Amps
- After 2 min went down to 1.023Amps
-After 2 min went down to 0.415Amps
-After 4 min suddenly went up to 3.129Amps, 3.013, 2.374, 0.251, 0.037, then stayed on 0.017Amps for a while. One thing that I noticed when the reading started going up was like a click sound on the speakers if I remember correctly.
At this point, I left the battery disconnected to prevent another drainage hoping that I can get some help from you guys.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,437 Posts
My guess is that you have a relay that's stuck closed. Unfortunately, I don't have more to go by. Try posting this in it's own post, may get more traction.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top