Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I own a Ford Expedition 2015 King Ranch edition here in UAE. I bought the car brand new in 2016. It has about 88000kms on it. Since the last few months or more I have been facing a great issue with the rear air conditioner. The fan keeps fluctuating between high and low or sometimes even turns off and doesnt work. It is extremely random and I am completely baffled by it. I have given the car to the dealer numerous times and each time they keep giving random reasonings that we have replaced this and that and the problem is completely fixed, but it just never is. My warranty is soon going to run out and I really need the problem to go away.

Any help and suggestions will be more than welcome.

·
Super Moderator
19,443 Posts
It would be a good idea to list what work has carried out and parts replaced by dealer to avoid any one replying wasting their time by suggesting what has already been done to vehicle .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently dont have a list of what exactly they did. But what they claim they have done is reprogrammed the AC, replaced the blower motor (i dont really believe they did this) and cleaned the filters. Also, in the most recent service they performed, they said that they could not find any problems and could not replicate the rear AC fluctuations in their workshop so they just returned the car saying there is no problem with it. But every now and then the Rear AC just starts to fluctuate with its speed. The front AC works absolutely fine with no problem whatsoever. Its just the rear AC. Its just my bad luck that whenever the car is being given to them for service that problem is just not there.

So I have absolutely no clue now what troubleshooting should I begin with. Should I fight harder with the dealer to fix it before its warranty ends? I just have a feeling the warranty will end soon and then the dealer will start asking me huge amounts to repair the AC. I feel theyre just dragging me on till the warranty expires.

On a separate note, I have been told there is some issue with the 2015 Ford expedition regarding the rear AC. Is that really true? Is there a recall for it?

·
Super Moderator
19,443 Posts
(i dont really believe they did this) I never like to hear of someone calling any dealership liars without proof . If you feel that way , ask to see the job card where the parts will be logged on . Ask your dealership if there is a recall for your vehicle . If you still dont trust them , check yourself . If any dealership cannot replicate or see the fault when vehicle is checked out in workshop there is nothing they can do under warranty . This goes with any manufacturers , not only Ford .

If you have the fault , check the alternator output and battery voltage when it's present ,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts