Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

My father Ford f150 xlt year 94' Truck transmission is BROKEN i think...... the truck change to 2 gears only the 3 and 4 cant.. I ask some where to fix it and they told me $800 for repair only???? is this ok or expensive or is there something i can do? i do whatever but i need to fix this some how cause we got no cars for moving .. the Truck only goes at about 30mph max :AAHHH:

·
good "old" Ford Torque
115 Posts
we'd like to have some more info,, ? what caused it to be "BROKEN" ? ( racing,wore-out,heavy load,run over a tree? )
what are they telling you they are going to "repair " ? and who did you " ask " ? ( a well known shop? have you heard good things about them ? )
((((((( trans work is usally best left to people w/the knowing and tools to do the work )))))))))
"not saying you couldn't learn " just that "some things" internal should be understood inorder "to fix" properly .

(give a little more info maybe some one here can help :) <----------

·
97 F-150 XL 4x4
799 Posts
i am not positive but the 94 probably has the E4OD trans.
which is all electronically controlled and the only way to fix that when there is a problem is to have the equipment to diagnose it so i say take it straight to the garage and do not pass go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry but im just no familiar with cars..
But we take the Truck already to someone to fix it for $550 .. he told us there is 3 kind of transm the truck can have and he said the E4OD is more expensive and complicated ?? but i still dont know what kind of transm is, also something else i heard is that in Automatic Transm you cant accelerate the Car too much, cause this happen.

I cant explain exactly. something else i found about this 94' f150 xlt 4x2 truck is : Both Windows Broken almost the same week together, 1 year ago the tires were like this /---\ and my father pay to fix it now are fine but soon or later will happen again cause thats a problem this Truck has, and like that some others little problems like most Old trucks i believe? air conditioner of course got broke and we fix it, I dont know much about Vehicles but im just trying to understand more and im confuse and cant express myself so sorry about this........... The most problematic part of this Truck is the Transmission i think??. and the Engine looks pretty good is about 157,000 miles and i think the engine the best part in this F150 truck.

oh and i dont Race or anything like that i just drive here and there to places i go without racing, but sure i tried going fast but this kind of trucks sucks at racing so i got no intention on doing so..

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
mmmm... My wheels have never been like this /---\.
But stick around and ask questions to learn all about your truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts