Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my ac compressor clutch doesn't activate and I don't know why. I replaced the compressor. I replaced the relay. I replaced the climate control module. I grounded the relay for the clutch and it turned on but when its grounded to the pin its supposed to be to, it doesn't work. Please tell me its not the ECM/PCM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have sufficient R-134 in the system? The pressure switch will not activate if the fluid (R-134) is low.
When I checked it, it said it had like 45 psi. When I replaced the ac compressor it said it was preloaded with 3 ounces of oil but it need 9. I bought two container of oil (each one 3 ounces) but I don’t think it’s taking it in. Do I have to empty the Freon then put the oil? Am I even putting the oil in the right place? I put the oil and the Freon in the same cap with is the one in the Freon accumulator or reservoir. Thanks for the response!

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
Before you waste a while lot of money, I suggest you stop right there and find a decent garage that handles AC in cars. When you change a compressor, you need to evacuate it into a deep vacuum, pull the oil in with the vacuum. Once in a deep vacuum (greater than 29"), hold it and confirm the vacuum doesn't go towards zero_Once confirmed, you then add your refrigerant charge. Certain vintages of AC systems may have other requirements. Certain models also don't want all of the oil in the compressor. Failure to do this properly can cause oxidation in the system, failure of the compressor, leaks, and poor performance.

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of cars that have been improperly serviced by the "AC techs" at the garages, so ask around before picking someone because they're cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.