Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I really need some help so ill just cut straight to the quistions ...

Keep in mind all these quistions are for a Ford Fairlane ZB 302
(dont have the car yet but whant to know some info so i can get the parts ready)

1. I what like to upgrade to all round disk brakes. Which would fit (any recomendations)

2. What good engine mods to you suggest to start of with.

3. What can i do to upgrade the gearbox or is it best to keep it (i whant i nice automotic gearbox)

4. Anything i should know about the fairlane zb, good or bad things.

Thank you. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME AWNSERS !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any one got any awnsers .....

·
Registered
55 Posts
ShIfTy69r said:
Hi,
I really need some help so ill just cut straight to the quistions ...

Keep in mind all these quistions are for a Ford Fairlane ZB 302
(dont have the car yet but whant to know some info so i can get the parts ready)

1. I what like to upgrade to all round disk brakes. Which would fit (any recomendations)

2. What good engine mods to you suggest to start of with.

3. What can i do to upgrade the gearbox or is it best to keep it (i whant i nice automotic gearbox)

4. Anything i should know about the fairlane zb, good or bad things.

Thank you. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME AWNSERS !!!
1] you could fit a complete xf falcon front end control arms, stub axles, brakes etc. for a reasonable amount of dollars. or you could go to the rrs strut front end with all types of brake packages depending on your project and budget.
with the rear i would stick with the drum set up as these systems work very well. and you dont have to mod the handbrake etc. but if u must have discs work out what diff you are going to use and we can go from there.

2&3] what sort of engine are you after ? what do you want to do with the car. again same question with the box?

4] the zb well just look around thorughly and be prepared to search and dont settle on the first one you see. spend the time look at lots this will save you lots of time and dollars if you start with the cleanest one you can find. look for one that is original in colour and unmolested. look for rust his can be in all parts of a car of this age.
again what is your budget and what do you want from it?
i hope this helps.
ps bump your post up as alot can get missed. give this site a chance i feel it is one of the best ford forums around for vehicles of this age.
did you see the black zb a few months ago in one of the mags it was awesome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank man, sorry about the random outburst (its been fixed) just been under alot of pressure with alot of work, lol.

My budget will be wotever i come across (i want be aloud to drive the v8 until im 20 [fully liscensed] so i got a will to save up and work on it)

For the engine i like the idear of a nice v8 and maybe puting a blower in it, i wonder if it would be possible to put the new falcon zf 6 speed auto in these cars ?

The car would just be a cruizer and hopefully a show car, unfortanetly most the kids my age are only intrested in skyling GT-R's and stuff and dont respect these great old cars that have such a strong role in australian motoring history, so i thought that it would be something different from the boring imports.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yep stick with the old stuff imports are boring well to me anyhow. oldschool cars are great and we need you younger fellas to keep them alive. yeah drop late model running gear in them thats great the best of both worlds fuel economy and style to boot :hy:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have already done diagrams and sketches and even notes of what i will do it is going to be a long project, ill give u a little taste (if any one has some sugestions please feal free to add some) :

# Shave the door handles
# Suicide Doors
# Complete retrim (inside) with leather and touchscreen to control soundsytem. just whant to keep it simple.
# Engine mods (dont know much about) thats why im asking you guys
# Rims (maybe some mustang, old school style rims)

·
I <3 my XR6T
24 Posts
I learnt to drive in my dad's ZB :)

They ran a C4 transmission, so a C3 should drop in with minimal fuss. The diff was not a 9", so depending on how much you wring out of the Windsor donk you might need to upgrade that. The front brakes were discs, so you don't need to do anything there I'd say.

An Edelbrock performer manifold would make a nice broad torque curve, some head as well. If you were going as far as a blower, thats a whole different kettle of fish (and nothing that I ever researched as a teenager ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just wan't to be different (in a good way) i have had enough of these bloody jap imports with more show then go and with drivers that cant even handle the car.

i whant a car that people will look at twice becouse i see more imports then aussie cars.

But on the other note does anyone know if i could get the new ford zf 6-speed auto in and get the gearshifter in the normal place (on the floor in the middle of the front) ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for the double post, but loop as you said you drove a zb 302, i have some questions for you:

Did it have a nice v8 growl ?

What was the performance like ? (i know this is a stupid one) could it do a burnout (i would save it for the track)

·
I <3 my XR6T
24 Posts
Yeah, Dad (being a mechanic) put headers and twin 2" exhaust on it so it sounded cool (Mum complained, so he had a balance pipe put on to quienten it down a little) No other engine mods. Dunno about a burnout, I was too frightened to try, but going around a corner from standstill could light up the inside wheel :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts