Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Australia XF ford fairmont Ghia Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all im a newbie :)

well i have some questions for my first car eg (P's) i have a 83' ford fairmont ghia i was wondering what i could do to fix it up
eg. motor small mods
and suspention

i was wondering if anyone knows were i can get it lowerd and a respray cheaply cos i dont have much money?

melbourne,Australia

and also were to put a new headunit?
thanks

:gok: SpEeD DeMoN :)

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
hi there. good to see ur on board. nice car, i was going to go for an xe fairmont ghia myself, with a 302C and slightly, um, well not so slightly :), work it.
Im guessin u have a 6 seing as its 83 and coz its fairmont ghia its EFI right??
Well first off a nice set of headers with real, real long primaries will be sweet into a 2.5" system. Will flow great and sound awesome. Also install a k&n airfilter to allow inlet air to flow better. While ur at it get the injectors cleaned to by a professional.
How much money to u want to spend on the head unit?? about 300-400 will get u a real nice one from JB HiFi that has everything u'll need and some even have Dual RCA's (so u can hook up a heap of amps later down the track without having to split the signal from on one set of rca's)
whereabouts in melbourne are u? most suspension places such as the tyre factory are quite good.
cheap resprays, well, all im gonna say is that u get what u pay for, and a cheap respray is exactly that, cheap. paint is often only a few costs thick. it can look shaby within a year.
i forget what the dash for the stereo looks like? was it sort of more of a square than a rectangle for the original?? even if it is, just sand some of the plastic away and use an instalation harness and the deck will sit in there sweet.
:damack: :wink2:

·
Australia XF ford fairmont Ghia Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was also extractos might help

how much would nice set of headers with real, real long primaries will be sweet into a 2.5" system. Will flow great and sound awesome. Also install a k&n airfilter to allow inlet air to flow better. While ur at it get the injectors cleaned to by a professional.
?

cost im in camberwell, melbourne

and what would it do performance wise?

it's a EFI v6

also what would extractors do?:WH:

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
just ring around a few stores to get quotes for lowering kits, and the exhaust gear.
I may be able to get u a good price for the exhuast gear from a place in frankston, and installed for u there too. the k&n filters can be bought from any autobarn store, though they are about 80 dollars. U can get imatation ones that flow realy good too from bursons.
injector cleaning is about 20-25 dollars an injector i think.
u could respray the car ur self, but only if uve practiced alot before and have all the right tools, and very good ventialation. prefessional places bake the coats on too, this is sumptin u wont be able to do.
and dont spray your car glossy black!!! it is very expensive to get that gloss black look and very hard to keep it looking that way for ever.

V

·
0 Posts
BoOtHeMaN said:
also whould i be able to respray the car myself?
U'll need a heck of a lot of spray paint cans to do that. last time i checked, the reject shop was sellin them $2.50 each !!!! lol :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
BoOtHeMaN
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing