Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this could be traced to the days when dad had a Laser, followed by an XD sedan and later on, an XF wagon. The day dad traded in the XF wagon for a Lada Niva in the early 90's (for reasons I still couldn't comprehend) was a pretty upsetting day for me.

Since then I've had to put up with two Lada Niva's and a Rocsta. Mum later acquired a Merc 240D '78 model. Pretty uninspiring cars, although the Merc's leather interior and nice soft suspension was something to at least enjoy. Unfortunately neither it nor the Rocsta had what I needed in a car.

Some 10 years have passed by since the last Ford left our family. The acquisition of my XR 18 months ago was the first resurgence of blue blood back in family veins. Six months down the track, with continuing rust problems and a large amount of lost money, the Merc could no longer pass Pink Slip. The Merc had to go. It was traded in for a new Neptune Green Ford Focus LX hatch (auto of course, for mum.) It was soon recognised as the family's rally car.

The Rocsta soldiered on as the odd one out, lacking the comforts of either the Falcon or the Focus, it's simplicity and crudity (and the fact it was already into its second engine) fuelled times for a change as my brother's (read: Holden fan) daily driver. Today he traded the Rocsta in for a 5 speed Colorado Red Focus Zetec fully optioned ex demo.

Back to the good times.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Mate - where's the family portrait!?!?!?

Congrats!

·
2,922 Posts
Hehe nice to see James... brings a tear to my eye. Our family finally got back to 4 Fords in the driveway as well with the acquisition of our latest addition.... ah, the loyalty... :wnc:

Hope it serves him well!

Cheers.. Tim

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Nice to hear it Dark_Horse. Would be good to see some piccies of the family (of cars that is :angel:)

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Ahhh the more the merrier!!! fords that is!!! :s6:

·
Registered
738 Posts
My Dad went from an XB Futura to a Nissan Prarie to a TN Magna Exec to a 1990 Camry V6. He's a lost cause now. At least I can boast I have the best car in my immediate family!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Zantetsuken said:
It's an Australasian version of the Jeep Wrangler...

Tim!
Not quiet. It's a Korean copy of the Jeep CJ7 made by KIA/Asia motors. Not as bad as a Mahindra but still a massive pile of turd. The Ladas would have to be better!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Congrats, bet the driveway looks tops!

grrrr wish we'd lose that Calais for an EL Ghia/NL Ghia or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts