Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 2013 Ford Flex with about 90,000 miles. When I go to my car at the end of the day, if the weather is above 90, I will turn the key and the engine is silent. The radio and dash lights will come on, but the engine does nothing. I had been able to turn the key again (without turning it all the way back to the left) and it would start. This would happen every day consistently when the screen in my car said the weather was 90 or above. It would always start after turning the key back slightly one time. If the weather was below that, it starts with no problem.
Today, I came out to my car and the screen said it was 103 degrees. I turned the key repeatedly and nothing happened. The lights and radio come on but the car does not even make a sound. I had a friend drive me home and I will go back later after sundown when the temperature is lower and see if it starts--I am fairly certain it will.
Does anyone know what might be causing that? We keep up with maintenance regularly. I've Googled and come up with somewhat similar problems on various sites, but no definitive answer as to what's causing it. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have a 2013 Ford Flex with about 90,000 miles. When I go to my car at the end of the day, if the weather is above 90, I will turn the key and the engine is silent. The radio and dash lights will come on, but the engine does nothing. I had been able to turn the key again (without turning it all the way back to the left) and it would start. This would happen every day consistently when the screen in my car said the weather was 90 or above. It would always start after turning the key back slightly one time. If the weather was below that, it starts with no problem.
Today, I came out to my car and the screen said it was 103 degrees. I turned the key repeatedly and nothing happened. The lights and radio come on but the car does not even make a sound. I had a friend drive me home and I will go back later after sundown when the temperature is lower and see if it starts--I am fairly certain it will.
Does anyone know what might be causing that? We keep up with maintenance regularly. I've Googled and come up with somewhat similar problems on various sites, but no definitive answer as to what's causing it. Thank you in advance!
Hello everyone,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts