Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove a Ford Focus around Europe and found it to be a very nice car. It should be sold here. Its very well built. Goes well on dirt roads as well as autobahns. We drove a 1.8DOHC one.

Here is a photo of it in San Remo Italy

Attachments

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And one at cruising speed in France, heading up to Paris from Nice

Attachments

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish we were allowed to drive at high speed here. At least on roads with guardrails both sides of the road where there is nothing to hit I suppose. Like most major Freeways here. They do need guard rails to stop cars from going into oncoming traffic though.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'm heading off to the UK in 2 weeks and plan to drive a Focus and the new Mondeo while I'm over there. Should have a good few days with each car in Scotland and Ireland. Might even do a video review of 'em for a laugh on the Ford week.. :D

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
Hehehe...love that pics. That speed on those roads...especially in San Remo...I'd have trouble controlling myself. But indeed, the Focus is very well built and, in my opinion, looks better than most of the current vehicle line-up offered by Ford Australia. However, it's good to see that the company is re-evaluating the standpoint it took on the Focus and I have a feeling that it'll come out here....eventually. On top of that, if they give it Tickford, I'm going to drool all over it (not to mention that Tickford and Prodrive have combined efforts....BRING IT ON!!!!) :D

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car ran real well. It averaged about 10 litres per hundred, including cruising at an average of 160 or so.
It had 4000ks on it when we got it and had about 10500 when we gave it back. I was quite hard on it, and it still goes so cant be too bad.
I couldnt help myself on the alpine roads, had to give it a go. The tyres were all kicked up. I also cut a tyre on a gutter so had it removed.

San Remo is real close to Monte Carlo. I saw a Ferrari 550 just near here.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I drove a 2.0l Zetec Mondeo during a recent UK trip - and i got to drive it fast! :D

Nice cars, but I love my Falcon. Not sure why everyone keeps saying the AV will get interior to match the standards of the Euro Fords, the Mondeo interior wasn't nearly as nice as my XR6 interior.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Venom S said:
I drove a 2.0l Zetec Mondeo during a recent UK trip - and i got to drive it fast! :D

Nice cars, but I love my Falcon. Not sure why everyone keeps saying the AV will get interior to match the standards of the Euro Fords, the Mondeo interior wasn't nearly as nice as my XR6 interior.
Was it the new or previous generation Mondeo????

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
J-type said:
Was it the new or previous generation Mondeo????
Was a 2000 model, if I remember correctly.

V

·
0 Posts
when my parents were in europe, they drove a focus. best car, they stated. said theyll get it if it is imported

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The focus's top speed was 185, but down hill it would get to its speed limiter which was 190, I was hoping to hit 200 down hill, oh well.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
The focus's top speed was 185, but down hill it would get to its speed limiter which was 190, I was hoping to hit 200 down hill, oh well.
And the 2003 AWD cosworth shouldn't stop before atleast 250km/h.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts