Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just letting you know of a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that was updated on my 2002 build Focus Zetec. I had idle problems, she was running rich and idling high, not engine braking and generally not running smooth. The Ford guys replaced something in the induction, they say the induction tube and some sort of bypass kit. I'll inspect the engine bay and perhaps find out from Ford exactly what it is, suffice to say my car now no longer has idle problems or rev issues. I think she may even have gained a litte extra breathability with this new intake kit.. maybe not. Might just be me finally driving a smooth car that works. But if I have told y'all about my problem with the revving/idling, then Ford apears to have a TSB so it may be a common problem.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Hi Matt,

Any chance that you have the TSB number, as the Focus is going in to Ford on Friday and I'd like to quote the number to ensure that they do the right thing. :thup:

Also have you had a chance to see what was replaced?

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
umm hang on... i'll go look...

T.S.B. 46R/03

Came with "Replaced Induction Tube & Fit by pass kit" and I was told it was a new design to the induction. Personally it'll onyl be good when it's HUGE and gets cold air.

Part 2M51 2420 F1C - Tube Brake Booster

Hope that helps!!! I don't know what the hell it is, but it hasn't fixed the problem at all, so I've booked it in at Power Ford on Monday. I'm donning overalls for the day and spending a day or two in every division including service so I figured Monday would be a great day for me to hang around my car, learn how it's serviced and see how the shop works, and make sure she gets bloody fixed. Will let you know how it goes and what the REAL fix is, coz it hasn't changed a bit.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I'm at it i'll get a complete list of TSB for the Focus if I can so we can all look and see what we're covered for. If that's possible!!! He he I'm loving this work experience!!!!!

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Zetec said:
umm hang on... i'll go look...

T.S.B. 46R/03

Came with "Replaced Induction Tube & Fit by pass kit" and I was told it was a new design to the induction. Personally it'll onyl be good when it's HUGE and gets cold air.

Part 2M51 2420 F1C - Tube Brake Booster

Hope that helps!!!
You sir are a champion. :thup:

I'll get them to fit it anyway as the cars in there for some other stuff, but look forward to your "insider" investigations. :s5

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why thankyou... but the praise isn't due, you'd do the same yourself. Anything that helps us out is fine by me coz it helps me too!! I'll do my best to get the list, but no promises.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would definately like to see all the TSBs available for the 2002 and Focus. This is something that should be readily available from the Ford website, but I guess that is asking to much. I recall a discussion mentioning an ECU upgrade aswell for late 2002 models. When I took my car in for its first service that was not even done. Not that I am having any problems with my car at all, it is running very smooth, but a list of all TSBs would be great so I can go down to the Ford Dealer and get everything updated.

·
Focus user
287 Posts
me too i'd like to see a list. mine is a 2002 model but i bought it in 2003...so im unsure as to whether it has had the ecu upgrade done or not...if not....i want it done.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and therein the problem lies. If they made it readily available, they'd get everyone coming in, it's cost them money and time. So they just let those with problems do it, which seems fair i guess as long as you haven't got any problems!! After all, TSB's only fix common problems, not problems on all cars which are critical or safety related such as official recalls. But I'll do my best ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts