Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford forums gets a write up in a Ford press release today! Geez I wish I was there!

FORD-EYED TOURISTS CONVERGE ON MELBOURNE

Some of Australia's most one-eyed Ford fans are visiting the company's operations this week. They are all members of the Ford Forum website chat room – people of all ages who log on to the internet to discuss their mutual passion – the blue oval. Ford Forum members number in the hundreds in Australia and can link up with thousands more like-minded fans in countries around the world through a global web site.

Ford is hosting a group of 40 members from around Australia whose ideal holiday in Melbourne is to immerse themselves in all Ford things for a week. There are young children and families as well as the expected 'petrol heads' in the group who, among other things, are touring all Ford Broadmeadows and Geelong plants and Tickford Vehicle Engineering.

The tour finishes with a street party in Geelong to celebrate the Bathurst 1000 race (see story above) and a tour of the Ford Discovery Centre. Ford Australia President Geoff Polites, who regularly logs on to the Ford Forum website and chats to members, said he was delighted to be able to put a face to some of the names when he greeted the tour. "It was a great opportunity to find out what makes people loyal to a brand – what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. It really was an invaluable experience, and a great gee-up for the race on the weekend."

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Now that is a great piece of tour news. great post. what paper did that appear in. I hope Dk or FM bring this to Johns attention

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Us die hard Kiwi Ford fans live here too! :( :D :nuts:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
HSE2 said:
Now that is a great piece of tour news. great post. what paper did that appear in. I hope Dk or FM bring this to Johns attention
That was a press release sent out by Ford Communications. This will be used in Geoffs Team Talk and will possibly be followed up with an article in Ford News. If an when it does appear I will make sure I get a copy for anyone interested and will also post a copy to John.

:cool:

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a press release from Ford in one of there fortnightly issues. Hopefully it gets published in newspapers tomorrow!

Seton to win bathurst!!!:D

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Great stuff!
Once again shows how Ford Oz ,particularly Geoff, are showing an interest in the people again! :D :D

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
heck yes. i am soo happy. I hope that this does happen. This will require some work on this end if it does. It could be a big promo for this site. Just what we needed.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
John (Lunatic SS):

You cannot begin to imagine what Ford has done for all of us this week. The hospitality, attitude, and staff in general have been absolutely AWESOME. I am, to put it mildly, blown away.

It is hard to believe a small group can draw so much from such a large company.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Pics will be posted once everyone sends them to me (unfortunately my camera broke on the trip) You won't miss out.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
THAT IS FREAKING GREAT!!! Thanks to you guys this site has really rocked on.

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
now re your camera ,Discovery

I did a bit of home work and found out who managed to
make your camera come to a stop....
it was none other than Tony ( who else ) he had a thing about cameras lol , so heres the proof

i didnt miss a thing on this trip ...WASA

and no there were no XR yellow fronts anywhere

Attachments

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Re: now re your camera ,Discovery

wasa said:
I did a bit of home work and found out who managed to
make your camera come to a stop....
it was none other than Tony ( who else ) he had a thing about cameras lol , so heres the proof

i didnt miss a thing on this trip ...WASA

and no there were no XR yellow fronts anywhere
Yep, it was Tony but he is such a great guy I can forgive him anything...

After today I don't really have to worry about the camera. A new and very much appreciated development came up (all I can say is that the guys on this forum are FANTASTIC people) ;) :cool: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts