Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So much has happened over the last few days that I had to join these two days together. Friday morning we all met up at the Fox car collection at the Melbourne Docklands. If you haven't had the opportunity to visit you must find time. The cars on display are mind boggling! This is the kind of place that when asked which one was your favourite you really find it difficult to answer. Personally on the day, for driveability and ease of access I thought the Prowler looked a good choice, but any of the Ferraris and a couple of the Mercedes would have done the job too. Brian explained to us the processes involved in restoring these cars which includes hand tooling panels and full body changes in some cases. Apart from the cars and the workshops there were awesome engines to look at, and even Brian's desk had a few people busy clicking away on their cameras.

From Fox everyone was instructed to drive down the highway to Mc Donalds in Geelong for a quick bite to eat. The Ford Geelong car park was the next stop where a bus was waiting to whisk us away to our mystery destination.

Sorry to tell you guys who missed out but just the week before I had managed to get permission for a trip through the Proving Grounds. :eek: I won't tell you exactly what was there but I can say that there were a few speechless people. :D

Saturday was kept low key on purpose, by now I reasoned the trip participants would be worn out, so a few of us met up at the FDC and headed off on an observation run to Queenscliff. The eventual winners of first place were Aussie Pete and his wife Jacqui. Lunch in Queenscliff was followed by a free afternoon.

Looking forward to the big race tomorrow. Go Craig :nuts:

:cool:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Stop, you're making me jealous!

Thanks for the update Felicity. Hope the boys are behaving.
Go Marcos!:nuts:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
The boys are definitely not behaving. Much Jim Beam is being sacrificed!

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
proving grounds ya say?
must have been very interesting.
oh well, nothing we won't see in a years' time or so...

still, it would have been helpfull to know because you can't make a proper decision without knowing all the facts. glad you had fun guys (and girls) though!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

The Fox collection had me dribbling like Homer thinking about donuts or beer.. and then the little trip to the proving grounds.. oooooooooooooooh.........

Saturday was also enjoyable as the "laid back" day.. nice & easy, great cruise down to Queenscliff. Pity about Pete winning by the "exchange of information" technique!! :eek: :D :thumbdown

Saturday night was also huuuuuuuuuuuuuge.. (eh Venom - MR SPARKLE!!!!!) but that's a story for another day :eek:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
el2xr8 said:
What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

The Fox collection had me dribbling like Homer thinking about donuts or beer.. and then the little trip to the proving grounds.. oooooooooooooooh.......
Saturday was also enjoyable as the "laid back" day.. nice & easy, great cruise down to Queenscliff. Pity about Pete winning by the "exchange of information" technique!! :eek: :D :thumbdown

Saturday night was also huuuuuuuuuuuuuge.. (eh Venom - MR SPARKLE!!!!!) but that's a story for another day :eek:
Well on the Friday Laminge and myself had to miss out on the Fox Car collection as we had "Business" to do. We meetup with the crazies in Macca's Geelong for the Proving Ground bus tour.

On the Saturday the observation cruise was pretty cool. I was co-driver navigator of Laminge.
At lunch a few of us made the seagulls abit agro, feeding them pies chips.
Saturday night was the biggest alco consumption of every oter night. On thing is for certain Mr Sparkle is here to stay. :D :D Guess who piked out early in the night, hello Scooby.

·
A Ford Guy
68 Posts
So that was you guys!

So that was you guys cruising around the PG in the bus. Had I known I would have stopped and said hello. Though I have to admit all I saw (while out in one of the new cars), was lots of smiles (among the jaws that were on the ground) and lots of arm pointing.

Hope you had a great time.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Yes Saturday was a great day and we all enjoyed the company of Mr Sparkle on Saturday Night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts