Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So can anybody who attended the FF tour of the Broadmeadows/Tickford plant fill me in via email on what was seen/heard/ new news pleeeeaaaaasssse??

email here

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
they wont speak.

Unfortunatley i missed out on friday, which where all the excitement was. i am still pissed off about that. nearly as pissed as i am about skaife winning.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
JEM said:
So can anybody who attended the FF tour of the Broadmeadows/Tickford plant fill me in via email on what was seen/heard/ new news pleeeeaaaaasssse??

[email protected]
Me also.
I will not mention what I hear here in FF or anywhere else.

My email

And guys be careful to who you send this info to.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hi All,

EF_GuY is back on the Postings again. Geeez i don't know what to say waaaay too many things to post about. It was definitly the best trip ever. :D :D Just got back home at 7:30am this morning after driving with Mike "Mr Sparkle" at night from Geelong.

As everyone will understand i cannot post what i saw, as this information could end up in the wrong hands. All i can say is the Blue Oval is Baaaaack.

Made faces to a few of the ford forum members:

Discovery, Without you this trip would never have taken off. So i give a big congratulations and thankyou for putting in the time and effort in organising this trip. So Felicity can we start organising next years trip?????? :D :D

Laminge, Good to meet you mate, hands down you've won the eating/alco award. You out drank us 2:1. Even out gunned "Mr Sparkle" :nuts: :nuts:

FordMan, Finally saw the Festy, and you had the honoured privillage to lead the crew to the Go Karts. :p

Jaytyn, Good to meet you, must say after seeing your car i'd have to say you've got one of the best AU2 forte's around. The mesh grill looks awesome.

(\/)ADXF, We managed not to come last in the go karts, so that was cool, despite my 2 biiig spins. :nuts: :nuts:

AlbertM, I would of had a podium finish if you didn't crash into me twice. :p :p

There were heaps of others that i meet as well, sorry if i didn't mention yous.
I hope we can do this kind of deal again in the future.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a great time, Good on ya Discovery for making it happen. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Go Karting : You guys are damn lucky I was'nt there... at least Ford won that race. :( :( :(

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
It was definately great to put faces to names
Loved FM's festy...what a beast LOL :)
I would definately be interested in doing something like this again.

Hey Flick...can we get a set of keys each at the proving grounds?

As everybody else, I am still at a loss for words to describe the thanks that needs to be given to flick, geoff, david and everyone else from ford.

The only problem about going on this trip is that it will never be able to be topped by another.

Well flick, those of us that went on friday trusted you with our money and you came through with the goods, good stuff.

My GF has hated the whole thing cause all I have been doing is talking about ford, but in my view thats the way it should be anyway.

If the engins that have been rumoured to be in the next falcon actually are, hen holden need to start budgeting for less profit, cause the new falcon is a winner, and having the performance to match the looks, will just destroy holden.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Good to see you all got home safley. was certainly good to meet up with all you guys.

I am quite dissapointed that I wasnt there Friday... :( sounded like fun.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
jaytyn said:
Good to see you all got home safley. was certainly good to meet up with all you guys.

I am quite dissapointed that I wasnt there Friday... :( sounded like fun.
At least you're in the same country and got to go for the other days! :( :( :( :( :(

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
you wouldn't have wanted to be at tickford when we saw what you were saying wasn't gunna happen.

bagging aside, how much does a ticket from there to here cost?

maybe you should start saving for next year.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:
you wouldn't have wanted to be at tickford when we saw what you were saying wasn't gunna happen.

bagging aside, how much does a ticket from there to here cost?

maybe you should start saving for next year.
Gees man I was'nt bagging! - I was just being cautious! - I mean I want it just as bad as the next guy!:( ;)
The ticket would cost about $400 Kiwi dollars, which is alot to me because I'm still at school... ;)
GO THE STROKER!!!:D :D :D :D :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:

Gees man I was'nt bagging! - I was just being cautious! - I mean I want it just as bad as the next guy!:( ;)
The ticket would cost about $400 Kiwi dollars, which is alot to me because I'm still at school... ;)
GO THE STROKER!!!:D :D :D :D :D
Hmmmmm the Pritesh on the Ford Tour, ohhhhhhhhhh deeeear LOL. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nah J/K better starting saving your pennies mate. ;)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Checky Bastard!!!:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Hey cool! - I just passed 1000 posts :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
FordMan, Finally saw the Festy, and you had the honoured privillage to lead the crew to the Go Karts. :p
And you buggars couldn't keep up with me!! :p The first and only time the Festy has lead anyone anywhere!! ;)

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
yeah, it seems that two crappy cars were leading the way.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Highlights of the trip for me:

1/ Relief that the FF members are "normal" (ie/ I didn't notice any axe murderers) :p

2/ Being able to share what I do with people who appreciated it (you were a much better group than the ones with the old ladies who say things like "I guess it would be interesting to young boys..." :eek:

3/ Beating all the boys at Go-Kart racing (had to throw that one in) :p ;) :D

4/ Seeing the genuine interest Geoff and Bruce had in hearing what their buying public had to say. :cool:

There were lots of highlights but the best thing was that the FF members are really great people, it was great to meet you all. Hopefully I will meet more of you in the future (once EL2XR8- alias Mr Sparkle buys me those couple of stiff drinks) :D

·
Australian Fairmont Member
55 Posts
I wish i could have been on that trip...........it really would have been enough for me to meet all of U and the people from Ford let alone going to the proving ground!! And seeing project Barra would and could only be in my dreams!!! very upset and dissapointed!

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
felicity

axe murderers?! UHM! WASN'T ME?! HOW DID YOU FIND THE BODY ANYWAY?!?!?!

anyway!

thank you so much felicity! this was a trip to remember! :)

·
How bloody Hot is it ??!!
264 Posts
Indeed it was a fabulous trip.. even got Mrs Chaps starting to be Ford fan. She reckons it was because of seeing what a great "family" Ford Australia really is.. and of course now she wants a bloody Mustang Convertible...

Thanks to all the Ford Staff, Discovery Staff and to all The FF guys on the tour... especially for putting up with Mini-Chaps. Hopefuuly by next year, she'll be able to call Felicity by name instead of "Lady"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts