Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Henrique
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

My name is Henrique, and I'm from Brazil. I have a 2011 Ford Fusion 3.0L V6. Unfortunately, I'm face of an overheating issue only at the highway with fully loaded engine... If I don't load the problem doesn't occurs... Seems, a bad spirit is living in my car and I don't know how to solve that... I've tried something like replace the thermostat (doesn't work), replace the coolant (doesn't work), replace the water pump (doesn't work). Also, I recorded a video just to illustrate what is going on... If someone have any ideas I really appreciate. Regards from Brazil!

·
Super Moderator
20,321 Posts
With the temp in Brazil and driving at that speed , is it not normal to see temp gauge raise until engine electric coolant fan kicks in ? Could be partially blocked radiator . You could try driving with thermostat out if giving issues as an easy solution .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Use an app and check actually ecm reading.

What the **** is the point of a gauge with no God damn numbers?

Stupid manufacturers...

Let's install gauges so you can keep on eye on stuff, but without accuracy...

Vw "red" starts @ 260*f...what's ford's idea?

... Exactly....

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Henrique
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi R.S.Logan, in Brazil we have something like 75 ~80 Fahrenheit degrees (25 ~ 28 Celsius). The radiator is working totally, it was one of my tests, if we have something blocking him, just part of radiator would heating... it's not my case.... all of him is heating then cooling properly. Does the thermostat removed could get problems for the system or not?

·
Super Moderator
20,321 Posts
I dont know if running the car without a thermostat in your climate would cause much problems as opposed to other colder countries where it would . Could try as a temp measure . Correct temp for thermostat replaced ? On some cars you can get an alternative , earlier opening for warmer countries . I have seen this happening on other cars and it was caused by engine timing being out .

·
Henrique
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R.S.Logan, I can test running without the thermostat, but actually I'd like to discover the root cause of this issue. I'm asking about it for other Ford Fusion owners and no one had this issue with their cars. So, there is something get wrong with my car and I need to discover ... Remove the thermostat is not usual in Brazil, even the temperature right here being tropical. My mechanical told me something about the spark plugs, if it is out of spec could cause an overheating ... Do you guys know something about it?

·
Super Moderator
20,321 Posts
Burnt electrodes on spark plugs / too big a gap can knock engine settings out . likewise timing being out , and sometimes cause these symptoms

Not related to the late , great Ayrton Senna are you ? :laugh:

·
Henrique
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll check the timing, but I don't know if it could be wrong once the car has only 53k miles or 85k kilometers... It has nothing changed on timing chain yet... Anyway, I'll check it. About the spark plugs, I've purchased new spark plugs 3 months ago in US, but I don't know if the specs are correct, it was fit perfectly, but I don't know the rest of specs if it would working proper for my car, ('cause the brazilian adaptation, like gas, ecm mapping, etc)...

Ayrton Senna is the great brazilian idol.

·
Super Moderator
20,321 Posts
With only that mileage highly unlikely the the timing chain would be worn or jumped , can probably disregard . Worth trying changing the plugs .

Ayrton Senna was the best , remember watching the race and his tragic death .

·
Henrique
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've ordered new plugs to test, as soon as it is delivered I'll test and post here. Thank you so much for the assistance!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a Ford taurus that kept over heating.

Ended up taking heads off and thee was soooooo much rust, pud and crud there was basically no water around the sleeve!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Henrique
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spark plugs replaced did NOT working. I tested with OBD scanner connected, the temp works between 105 ~ 116 Celsius (221 ~ 239 Farenheit)

105C(221F) pointer indicates as normal
116C (239F) pointer indicate nearby HOT (7/8)

I really don't know what I can do else =(

·
Super Moderator
20,321 Posts
Tried replacing coolant temp sensor ? Another thing to consider after any work on cooling system is that there are no air pockets and all air is completely removed .

·
Henrique
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm purchasing the temp sensor now on eBay. 3 days until deliver it. Do you guys consider this temp range too high???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts