Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
EA Falcon owner
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i read a thread at Ten-Tenths.com from Ross Palmer that at the start of next year there will be 1 ford GT in NC and that by the completion there will be 2x2 car teams running Ford GT's.

EDIT: heres a link

tentenths

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
This could get interesting, ill keep an eye on it i reckon. I will be surprised if it happens, but very happy too! Even though its just an over glorified sports sedan class IMO

·
Registered
407 Posts
Will be good if ford finally have something to rival the monaro...Plus it will be good for Nations Cup having another car.

Hows this:

Attachments

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
and at least it is a production car

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
It would be interesting to see how the Ford GT would go, in a recent US car mag they did a test between the Ford GT, Porsche GT3 and the Ferrari 360 Stradale. The GT killed them in acceleration to the tune of being 7 seconds faster too 150mph.
It was also 2 seconds faster than both of them on the 3km race track.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
i reckon i'd be good to see a GT in the NC but i'd love a GT40 to be there also,crosses fingers both come onboard should be good.

another monaro coming,gezz my eyes are going to be burning in 2004 might wear sunny's.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
Maybe they wont be able to run because of that, maybe its turning into the "Custom car that has similar lights and a manufactuers badge and the name of a street car.....Racing Series"
I thought that's what it is at the moment?!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
Whats the point in having 3 Monaro's? alot of people even holden fans know its not really a monaro so whats the point? i spose the dipshits who buy holdens think it is a monaro
because at the end of the day, they can still say 'our cv8 monaro won the bathurst 24hr race against some of the best production cars in the world'
and we all point and laugh while they sell a few more monaro's because of it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
From what i heard Ford Aust wants to enter a Ford GT in the 24 Hour Race at Bathurst this year.

I doubt that it will enter full time in the Nations Cup as Ford Aust doesnt want the Ford GT to take any shine away from the Falcon GT

1 - 20 of 25 Posts