Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, we find out if the highly touted Ford GT can go toe to toe with a fabled Ferrari and a killer Porsche.

From Car and Driver magazine.

Ford's GT could be the most overhyped car of the decade. We admit we're in part to blame, paying tribute with 12 pages in this magazine to date, covering every square inch of the reprised Le Mans champion, every engineering iteration, every development Ford threw our way. We've driven early mules with nonspec engines, and unfinished prototypes, but up until now, we'd never strapped our test gear onto the car to find out what we all want to know: How fast is it?

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=7565&page_number=1

Apologies if this is a :repost:

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
I wish i wish i wish i could have one....

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Great review. They seemed to absolutely love it....and how about those times! :AAHHH: :bugi:

Thanks 3Toed.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Certainly is an awesome car bring it on Ford .......
Cheers John

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
That GT is insane.

But I'm just going to sulk that they put the GT3 behind the Ferrari, for some pretty flaky reasons.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i wouldn't turn one down :p
didnt expect it to be THAT much better either :)

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Mr Jucy said:
Well I know what the first thing I'll buy if I ever win Powerball will be.
Let me guess, order an Orange one?

:angel:

Seriously, an awesome car.

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
At least they aren't going half arsed about it like another car wearing a GT badge that we all know off... good to see them building a better image for themselves. GM has nohting to answer with, not even a Callaway Corvette!

·
Registered
162 Posts
94ED_Fairmont said:
At least they aren't going half arsed about it like another car wearing a GT badge that we all know off... good to see them building a better image for themselves. GM has nohting to answer with, not even a Callaway Corvette!
Well if the Australian Ford GT was $150k USD then it wouldn't be half-assed. But damn the US GT is Creame Le-Pants (TM) material. :sperm: :AAHHH:

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
FM said:
Hmmm... yes... I'll take 2 thanks!
Yeah but the second you take one Ford will release a GT with a V6 thats twin turbo that will have the same performance of the SC V8 but with lower figures and lower price point ;-)

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
ianmcginley said:
Yeah but the second you take one Ford will release a GT with a V6 thats twin turbo that will have the same performance of the SC V8 but with lower figures and lower price point ;-)
and front wheel drive. :AAHHH:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Aren't Ford Oz lucky that the next Falcon GT engine is being road developed for them in the new US GT....boy how I wish this were true.!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
421 Posts
what was the quarter mile time for the GT - sorry i couldnt see it in there??

Also, is the GT coming to Aus?

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Wow, what can I say? 3.3 seconds 0-60mph! That's just crazy! I'll have one in Yellow thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts