Ford Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Maybe Ford has Stanley Myer's patent from the 70s. Stanley Myers actually ran a dune buggy on water in the 70s. Some say he was poisoned. No more fossil fuels would of crushed the economy.

·
Super Moderator
3,872 Posts
I very much doubt it:

As for Stanley Meyer Stanley Meyer's water fuel cell - Wikipedia "is "water fuel cell" was later examined by three expert witnesses in court who found that there "was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and that it was simply using conventional electrolysis." The court found Meyer had committed "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered him to repay the two investors their $25,000. " and "Meyer's patents have expired. His inventions are now in the public domain, available for all to use without restriction or royalty payment.[14] No engine or vehicle manufacturer has incorporated Meyer's work so far."

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I very much doubt it:

As for Stanley Meyer Stanley Meyer's water fuel cell - Wikipedia "is "water fuel cell" was later examined by three expert witnesses in court who found that there "was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and that it was simply using conventional electrolysis." The court found Meyer had committed "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered him to repay the two investors their $25,000. " and "Meyer's patents have expired. His inventions are now in the public domain, available for all to use without restriction or royalty payment.[14] No engine or vehicle manufacturer has incorporated Meyer's work so far."
His water car most definitely worked, and on long trips, it made TV news.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@jwko.
The dune buggy engine uses hydrogen cells and its also similar to "Browns gas". I guess you haven't looked at any info online about this type of fuel before you made your comments. It's not a fossil fuel combustion engine. Stanley Myer produced a car that ran on hydrogen and electrolysis which is produced via 12 volts supplied by the car to engage the hydrogen cell, it's a simple process believe it or not, there are many videos online about HHO Cells, research the videos on Youtube. Whatever I post on this thread, you won't read so what does it matter. It's good to live inside a little box for most people.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was considering getting one to enhance my gas mileage, especially because I have some room under my Ranger to install it, next to the radiator on my 93 Ranger.

·
Administrator
8,659 Posts
@jwko.
The dune buggy engine uses hydrogen cells and its also similar to "Browns gas". I guess you haven't looked at any info online about this type of fuel before you made your comments. It's not a fossil fuel combustion engine. Stanley Myer produced a car that ran on hydrogen and electrolysis which is produced via 12 volts supplied by the car to engage the hydrogen cell, it's a simple process believe it or not, there are many videos online about HHO Cells, research the videos on Youtube. Whatever I post on this thread, you won't read so what does it matter. It's good to live inside a little box for most people.

Easy with the little box BS. You could end up in the little box yourself. I ain't got time to read every post but can damn sure comment what I like. Been doing it since 2006!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Easy with the little box BS. You could end up in the little box yourself. I ain't got time to read every post but can damn sure comment what I like. Been doing it since 2006!
So would you consider researching anything I posted on The HHO cells when your not so busy. It's interesting to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
3,872 Posts
Yes an engine can run on hydrogen, yes you can create hydrogen from water using electrolysis but no there is no such thing as free energy and the energy consumed in the electrolysis to create hydrogen will exceed the energy produced by the hydrogen consuming engine and it's accessories. Even someone with just high school physics should understand this. But his claims were even wilder:

"When Meyer died, he left behind no known blueprints, working models, correspondence with scientists, or anything that would substantiate his sizable claims. He never submitted anything for peer review or offered an explanation for how he had managed to violate the First Law of Thermodynamics. This Law states that energy cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system. Meyer’s device purportedly split water into hydrogen and oxygen, then caused the hydrogen to burn and generate energy, and finally reconstituted the water molecules and started the process over. The first two steps describe what happens in a fuel cell and is well-understood science. The third step describes a perpetual motion machine and is pseudoscientific folly. His fuel cell purportedly split water with less energy than what was released by the recombination of the elements."

·
Super Moderator
22,520 Posts
I was considering getting one to enhance my gas mileage, especially because I have some room under my Ranger to install it, next to the radiator on my 93 Ranger.
You could do it easier if you ever pull your radiator as has been suggested to you for the overheating in your other posts , but may have to wait till next year as well as you seem to be governed by the weather when it comes to working on the vehicle .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts