Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford and Harley-Davidson ,recently renewed their partnership. Ford gets too build F250 Harley SUV's and Ford fills Harleys saddlebags, with money.
I thought nothing of this ,until I saw the new Escape ad.
Harleys are in the ad ! Co-incidence or not ?

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Yeah I noticed that Escape ad....but I didn't actually know Ford have a "corporate relationship" with Harley. Sounds like it would be a worthy partnership, both can cash in on the other's nameplate.

·
Registered Abuser
352 Posts
It seems to me, with this ad, that Ford are trying to market the Escape more towards blokes. Who is actually buying/driving them seems to be the opposite though.

·
Registered
540 Posts
This always makes me laugh this does. Hardley Ridables are that bad that they require utes to be following them wherever they go. Now, they team up with Ford so as to build a dedicated retrieval truck!! Absolute classic, who in their right mind would buy a Harley knowing that they are going to brake down!!

Or maybe I have missed the point, whenever you a buy harley you get Ford F truck for free, you just need some one else to drive behind you all the time!

That's right, it's all about image isn't it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paull, your knowledge of modern Harleys is sadly lacking. The new Twin Cam Motor is very reliable. Harleys come with a two year warranty. Go to any HOG Chapter and see how many bikes have high kms. Their reliabilty is equal to any ricer bike.

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
If you see 5 cows walking up the road, what do you have? A herd.

If you see 4 birds beside the road, what do you have? A flock.

If you see 3 trucks driving down the road, what do you have? A convoy.

If you see 2 Harleys on the road, what do you have?

A trailer load.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Funny that my dad has 2 Harley's with over 100000 miles on each. Father-in-law has 3 one for the mom-in-law. All of theirs run perfect and have for the last 8 years. I dont see what people are crying about when they say what they are above. Combined all 5 of the Hogs in our family have over 1 million miles and all are going strong since the day they were bought. I can safely say that each of my parents have only been in for standard service. In laws do their own and have not had a day that they could not ride it for major repairs. All in all I would get myself one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LunaticSVT couldn't have said it better myself. Nothing like that Vtwin throb between the legs.!!!

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
The only reason it is a harley and a ford escape is because they both have the same 0-100 km/h time hehehehehehehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts