Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Tang Pgt said:
Bring back the Probe !

hehe

Naaahhh that makes way to much sense. :)

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
It would be very cool. Put the new Mazda rotory engine or the 2.3MillerCycle in it, would make it even better.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Now the 2.3L Miller Cycle can only work on atxs'. Something to do with vacum lines. If memory serves me right ,Scott Willams in PT explained why a while back but it's to technical for me to explain it now.

P

·
0 Posts
Damn Don I wanted to post this :D.
BRING THE PROBE BACK! Ill buy a new one. Promise :).
Go check out ProbeTalk.com, over 5000 members cant be wrong :D.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
I say we all e-mail Ford at the same time and tell them what we think. I don't know if it will do anygood, but its worth a shot.

P

·
0 Posts
Stacy94PGT said:
I say we all e-mail Ford at the same time and tell them what we think. I don't know if it will do anygood, but its worth a shot.
I wish I could be more optimistic about this but I think deep down we all know Ford will not bring the probe back. I have seen a lot of posts requesting Probe comeback, but lets move on guys, lets not get the rest of the board mad at us for our constant whining.

P

·
0 Posts
Tang Pgt said:
Pretty soon Ford will be keeping an eye on this site. Why not ? it represents all their makes.
I guess it wouldnt hurt to try. The PROBE IS COMING BACK - somone tell Ford too :).

·
Probe SE Member
45 Posts
If they did bring it back..should they compleatly redesign it or enhance where they left off in 97?
I say tweek it slightly, otherwise it looked damn good already.

P

·
0 Posts
Only slightly redesign it, without ruining the Probes smooth lines. The one thing they should work on is a better, bigger, faster engine and a 6 speed tranny. Oh boy what a dream!

·
Probe Member
11 Posts
Ahh, a new Probe... such a dream... As long as it retained the look of the 1st & 2nd gens, had AWD, a 6 speed, and the most important thing -- BOOST!! -- I'd be happy to call it a Probe!! :D

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Our cars are the Edsel of the 90s. Meaning, they came out before they're time.

S

·
0 Posts
If only they had a bigger aftermarket:mad: Then I wouldn't mind if they brought the Probe back, until Ford gives us the respect, I don't think it's going to happen:(

P

·
0 Posts
You guys got me thinking now... Lets just picture a 2nd gen probe with awd, 6 speed, and turbo... That combined with the respect the Probe deserves and a LOT of aftermarket products... WOOOOOOOOWWW

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
It's nice to dream that, wish it could happen too.

S

·
0 Posts
powerranger said:
how about making the probe rear wheel drive and giving it a small high reving V-8? sounds good to me.
I'd trade my truck in right now to buy one of those:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
6 Participants
Scamper
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing