Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a joke since they have changed underwriters to SWAN from SGIO.

Over 30 quote on 04 XR6 $1995, 04XR8 ute $2478!

I let them know that those prices were total crap and in no way reflected market rates.

Who is good for XR insurance these days for over 30, 60+NCB, clean driving record?

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
A mate went through AAMI for his XR8 ute, and that was $1600...

It will depend on your suburb and where the car is kept overnight.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ford insure increased my insurance $600 after having no claims or anything. And i did not recive an explination why it was increased either.

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nutz000 said:
Ford insure increased my insurance $600 after having no claims or anything. And i did not recive an explination why it was increased either.
Well you are lucky as they increased my premium by $1200.

NRMA or AAMI will be the go I think as I can get insurance for less than $1400. Still an outrageous amount but that's what you get for living in one of the "best" cities in the world (Sydney)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just changed to Shannons from GIO.
They were $600 a year cheaper than NRMA and GIO.
They also accept car modifications where others shy away.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
$630 from AAMI for a BA XR8 with mods..........gotta love that!!! for over 30's

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Well, I'm getting ripped! Ford Insure was $2300 last year for the Pursuit in a good suburb over 30 60%NCB clean record. Problem was NRMA was $2600 for some strange reason.

So, judging by the above info I'll be expecting a renewal for over $3 gorillas. No way!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
geez, sure looks like they've gone down hill :/
going to loose a lot of poeple by the looks of it

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
My sister was ringing around when she got her BA XR6...and Ford Insure were crap then, can't remember their price but it was significantly more than others. She eventually found HBA (I think...I know it was someone that didn't seem to insure cars...but actually does) and they were around high $700...for 2 people over 25 with rating 1 and no accidents. Others were up into $1200-$1400. One company even said that "No we wont insure the XR6s, they tear up the road". She didn't tell him he was an idiot and that they had the same engine as the XT, I would have.

·
Blue Blooded Ford Man
1,619 Posts
My insurance with Ford Insure has gone up this year as well.

Thing is, I have moved out of Sydney to a small country town, I am now over 25, and my AU would be worth about $10k less then last year.

Ring ring, NRMA, how can I help you.......

·
Registered
695 Posts
TheBow said:
What a joke since they have changed underwriters to SWAN from SGIO.

Over 30 quote on 04 XR6 $1995, 04XR8 ute $2478!

I let them know that those prices were total crap and in no way reflected market rates.

Who is good for XR insurance these days for over 30, 60+NCB, clean driving record?
Try NRMA.
I'm paying $1000 pa for 2003 BA XR8 ute.
I'm 24 (25 in a couple of months) clean record apart from a couple of speeding fines.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I changed insurance companies to RACV because of the mods, my premium is $874, for all my mods including the Helical Spacer... they had to run it via head office because the spacer wasn't on their specs.

Mine is also insured for 15% work usage.

I was very happy they knew about cold air intake, stainless sports exhausts... phew!!!

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
philbie said:
$630 from AAMI for a BA XR8 with mods..........gotta love that!!! for over 30's
And yet the quoted me over $900 for an AU1 XR6 with no mods. (60% and over 30)

Insurance companies, they really have no idea!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Well looks like i'm not the only one who's getting ripped off "BIG" time for driving a late model XR.

When i got my car in 2002 insurance was $1400 which i thought was fair enough. However on my next renewal they charged me $1700. I asked them why was this so and they came with a bullocks excuse of "Oh the AUII/III XR's were involved in alot of accidents and have been stolen". Yeah right pull the other leg and start singin i'm a believer i'll say.

I won't be a happy camper if i have to pay $2000 to insure my car. :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

Geez it seems driving a local performance car costs the earth these days, almost the same as insuring a Grey import. :fraz: :fraz:

·
TS 40
342 Posts
I got out of Ford Insure at the end of my first insurance expiry.They were woeful,didnt know a single thing about fords and adding mods from XR series to lower series vehicles.Now im with Just Cars who love mods on your car.Im now hanging for the next renewal(if thats possible) as il have a gold licence.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I've had no problems with Ford Insure,but i'll wait till my premiums arrive for this year and then i will compare.
And to TheBow i dont know about Sydney being one of the best cities to be living in,haven't you heard Melbourne once again won the award for the best in the most liveable city in the world LOL
Just stirring !!
Cheers John

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GTP 320 said:
I've had no problems with Ford Insure,but i'll wait till my premiums arrive for this year and then i will compare.
And to TheBow i dont know about Sydney being one of the best cities to be living in,haven't you heard Melbourne once again won the award for the best in the most liveable city in the world LOL
Just stirring !!
Cheers John
Hey I guess my sarcasm got lost in there somewhere :) Sydney has got to be one of the worst places in Australia to live, overpriced, dirty, pretentious etc..

I too had no issues and they had premiums about $300 less than everyone else.

I guess it pays to shop around. and that is what I will do.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
For my old EL with ford insure was $550 or something it went up to over $600 with no reason.. .then i went to savings & loans $380, now back with ford insure as it was free with my ST for the year, i will leave after the year is up and go back to s&l i think, i am sure the premium with skyrocket next year

Cheers

Chris

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
I'm with CGU and pay $804 a year for my XR6T. Monthly payments as well which make it a hell of a lot easier.

Thats with me being the only driver and over 30.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts